Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up folks.

I recently sold my '15 S1Krr (moved and started a new gig) and really really really am considering a 959.
I live out in the Austin area, just relocated from Virginia.
The Bimmer was a well rounded bike that had lots of power, power that I never even used.
I'm thinking about the 959 because it seems to be more tame for casual rising, which is what I do. I'm not trying to win every race and set personal records.
I'll be chiming in on some topics from time to time and I'll be sure to ask some questions too.
If anyone in the Austin area knows some cool roads and "bike" things to do, hit me up.
Shiny side up, all!

·
Registered
439 Posts
What's up folks.

I recently sold my '15 S1Krr (moved and started a new gig) and really really really am considering a 959.
I live out in the Austin area, just relocated from Virginia.
The Bimmer was a well rounded bike that had lots of power, power that I never even used.
I'm thinking about the 959 because it seems to be more tame for casual rising, which is what I do. I'm not trying to win every race and set personal records.
I'll be chiming in on some topics from time to time and I'll be sure to ask some questions too.
If anyone in the Austin area knows some cool roads and "bike" things to do, hit me up.
Shiny side up, all!
Welcome to the forum and to Texas... you have many awesome miles ahead of you living in that area.

I seem to recall you selling your red and white RR... last month around mid May?

Anyway, make sure to ride to take the bike out for a demo ride if you haven't already ridden the Ducati. I can tell you from owning both (899) that it will be quite a change going from the neck snapping 9 - 14 k RPM to the moody and temperamental twin.

Both are awesome bikes, but a different ride to behold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sinjin,
I'll be sure to demo the bike first. I'm scheduled to do so in about 2 weeks. Yes, it will be a change from my previous bike, which was the red/white color scheme S1Krr. I may end up getting a 17 Bimmer, but I'm holding out for different aesthetics such as TFT and LED headlights. In the meantime a Duc can hold me over.....lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm in Austin. Brian and Josh at Ducati Austin are VERY good people. If you want to ride with mostly sane adult sportbike riders search for TXSR on meetup.com. We have a ride Sunday, then COTA July 1+2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's cool news, thanks for the invite!! LOL @ sane adult sportbike riders, count me in!!! I'm probably not picking up another bike until August. If i don't elect on getting the 959, could I still roll?
It's either the 959 or the S1K

Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts