Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this is the right forum, however as title I am installing the ducabike clutch cover along with the pressure plate and spring retainer.

I took off the old cover, pulled out the pressure plate and springs, replaced with the ducabike parts now my bike stalls when put into gear.....

Im guessing I installed the internal parts incorrect, however at this point I do not know what "correct" is. I do not see any alignment marks on the new pressure plate, nor on the clutch housing or basket as some have suggested there should be. The OEM pressure plate has 2 sharpie marks on it, and I guess they could be the alignment marks, but aligned to what??? there are no marks on the housing.....

The clutch lever is much harder to pull now as well..... Does this mean I need to bleed the clutch line?

Any help would be much appreciated..!!!

summary,

I F'd up the clutch with the new parts install leading to:
Hard pull on clutch lever,
stalls when put in gear
how do I ensure proper alignment with no marks....
Will the lever pull go back to normal if the parts are installed correct?
Torque setting on springs?

Please HELP!

·
Registered
47 Posts
From memory the marks on the pressure plate should line up with a mark on one of the spring posts on the clutch.
That's how it was for my 748R anyway.

Stalling sounds like its dragging.

I'd get a copy of the service manual or parts manual, both on here somewhere, and strip it down and reassemble.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the reply!
I kept "digging" and eventually talked my way through the basic mechanical operation of the clutch.
Long story short I realized that my new pressure plate was misaligned with one of the outer clutch discs, therefore not seating all the way in and virtually creating the hard pull I spoke of. Once I aligned it (by chance) the plate sucked right in and the hydraulic action returned to normal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a similar issue with my clutch not engaging fully. I thought I really screwed up. I took it back out rotated the plate slightly. Made sure to torque the screws really good and it worked fine since. No issues with the clutch and it freaking looks awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts