Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day,

I have a 2016 Ducati Panigale and wanted to know if anyone have had it cut out on them after a long run with temp at 207 Degrees. It does fire up after a cut out and is able to ride.

It was last serviced at 500 miles and is not at 2800.

I have already ordered the service items but wanted to see if anyone experienced this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was in some bumper to bumper traffic when I had just picked up my 959 from the dealership for the first time. It had 8 miles on the odometer, and I was in the traffic for about an hour. It was a horrible first ride, just horrible. However the bike never died on me despite fluctuating around 207-220 engine temp the whole hour or two.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Been in bumper to bumper before, bike at 216F constantly, no problems. Our bikes do not cut off due to temperature, I've had my 959 at the track showing "HI" before and it did not cut off.

However, there are reports of people having weird intermittent cut off (there's a video of motodutchman's 1299 doing it randomly somewhere) when coasting. If I remember correctly, the dealer had an ECU update early 2017 that fixes it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts