Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can shed some light for me. I was going to pickup a Ducati Arai helmet and I already own a Sena 10c bluetooth communication system.

Can someone tell me if the Arai Ducati helmets have the setup to install the Sena wired microphone and speakers for each ear.

I'm currently using a cheaper Stealth helmet and the wind sound is ridiculous. I have volume at max and can barely hear anything because of the wind noise and that's with all vents closed.

So I'll list my questions below if you can help decide here.

1) Need a quiet helmet during riding.
2) Sena comm compatible or that will allow install.
3) Good quality... I have my mind set on a Ducati Helmet, possibly Arai.

Feedback please.

Thanks,
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have had Sena coms in a couple different arai helmets so I don't think you will have any trouble with the fit. One thing I have noticed that is very important is the space between the speakers and your ears. They come with little foam back pads of different thickness...you will have to try a few different sizes to see what works for you. When the speakers are too far from your ear you won't hear much and if they are too close it seems to muffle the sound. hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
In addition to what was previously posted, your choice of Arai model will make a significant difference. Although I can't comment about the Arai Vector which is a commonly Ducati branded model, I own a Arai Corsair and it's very noisy. You would be best served with an Arai Defiant. Here's a couple of videos on communication installation on Arai helmets:

PS. If you're going to use a comm system you may want to consider a helmet that's best designed for the street. You can buy a race grade helmet for the track later. Street helmets are generally more quiet, comfortable, have quick release screens and some have street savvy features such as an internal sun visor which comes extremely handy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feed back.

So does Ducati have any street version helmets?

These are the three I've had my eyes on. Not really sure as to which is best. Getting ready to start researching each one as Arai confirmed that all their helmets have capability of installing Comms from what they told me by phone.

Anyone own any of these that can share their experience on wind noise or comm setup

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Hi Mike,
The top one looks like a Signet which is a street helmet but for a long, narrow head shape. The middle is their Corsair, a racing helmet and the bottom looks like a Vector, their entry level street helmet. I have that middle one "Corsair" although extremely comfortable (like most Arai) this one is noisy at speed.
My favorite street helmet is an AGV K5 made with carbon fiberglass so it's extremely light. Lighter in fact than my Corsair. It has lots of vents that close well (quiet) and an internal sun visor. Unlike an Arai, you can remove the visor for cleaning with one hand and faster than you can say "Jackrabbit"...a feature that's very handy at the local gas station when your screen is full of bugs. Pop it out, rise under the tap and pop it back on. I have a black and red non-branded one but Ducati does offer a Ducati branded AGV K5. It's called the Dark Rider. Regardless of the brand, ask the salesperson for a visor removal/installation demonstration. BTW, having multiple complementary helmets is nice to have.

https://amsducati.com/ducati-clothing/helmets/

Attachments

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@Spanishcop
One more thing Mike: If money is no object and you're looking for a street helmet to complement your racing lid, do look at the Schuberth C3 Pro. It's the best of the best street helmet bar-none. It's the most quiet of all, designed for Comm systems, modular, quick release visor, internal sun visor, light and comfortable. Ducati offers a C3 Pro as well but it doesn't come cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts