Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going through both cold and hot start issue on my Panigale 959. I ride it daily and use trickle cgarge, so should not be a battery problem. I have new battery installed as well.

COLD ISSUE: I rang dealer last month and came to know that I was using wrong fuel (0ctane 98). I have then started using Octane 95. I haven't seen any change yet. Still takes 4 minutes to start (turn it off for 2 minutes then turn on and leave it on another 2 minutes and start).

HEAT ISSUE. The engine temperature is more than 100°C when I turn the bike off. I come back in less then 5 minutes to start the bike. It does not like it again. However, if I wait until the temperature settles down to 75°C, bike starts then.

If I keep pushing ignition in both cases (cold and hot), after few times, battery goes flat. I know these issues have been discussed in previous forums but no real solution yet.
Note: I have also removed the charcoal canister.

ANY SUGGESTION WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I seriously suggest you take the bike to a reputable tuner and have them install an ECU tune of some kind. Woolich Log Box M-Duc v3 is the first I would suggest.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello Rys,
I’m from across the pond in Las Vegas. 100c is nothing that’s 212f My temp gets past that riding in the heat hear some times up to 220F + with engine ice in the system. What year is your bike? To me this sounds like an electrical/ecu issue. I agree with Dingo you should have your ecu looked at and get a new battery make sure it’s the proper one. Octane should not matter as long as it’s not over 10% ethanol. I put 100 octane in my 16 959 she ran nice no issues. Because we get crapy California gas here we only get 91 max a few places carry 100oct. So I mix a little 100 in with 91 to make 93-98.

Is there any other mods you have done that would have effected this? How long has this been happing? When did it start etc?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts