Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I anxiously wait for the collection of my sexy beast, I browsed through the accessories catalogue and found a few things which caught my eye. The Corse unfortunately does not come with carbon parts except for the little cover on the akrapovic exhausts.

I am currently looking to purchase the following:

[ ]Single seat cowl $480.86
[ ]Carbon chain guard $274.24
[ ]LED turn indicators $180.51
[ ]Carbon front mudguard $601.23
[ ]Carbon rear mudguard $514.03
[ ]Carbon rear shock cover $321.64
[ ]Handlebar counter weight $114.60

Total: $2,487.11 (US$1,800)

Dealer is throwing in rizoma ducati clutch fluid reservoir and front and rear brake fluid reservoirs.

It is a hefty price tag. Are there any better alternative to list of DP above?

·
Registered
391 Posts
While I anxiously wait for the collection of my sexy beast, I browsed through the accessories catalogue and found a few things which caught my eye. The Corse unfortunately does not come with carbon parts except for the little cover on the akrapovic exhausts.

Dealer is throwing in rizoma ducati clutch fluid reservoir and front and rear brake fluid reservoirs.

That is a HUGE price tag for stuff that will not be noticeable from over 6 ft away. I am assuming that you are purchasing a a euro 4 bike, since the corse does not come worth AKRA in the us. Use that money to buy an underbelly exhaust or something else that will improve your bikes riding (rearsets, wheels?) Tell the dealer to keep the reservoirs they look awful >:)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
@wanvai I echo what @KarlKani wrote above.
Moreover, a 14T front sprocket and throttle spacers will cost you less than $100 and will make a huge difference.

Reactions: KarlKani

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

That is a HUGE price tag for stuff that will not be noticeable from over 6 ft away. I am assuming that you are purchasing a a euro 4 bike, since the corse does not come worth AKRA in the us. Use that money to buy an underbelly exhaust or something else that will improve your bikes riding (rearsets, wheels?) Tell the dealer to keep the reservoirs they look awful /forum/images/959Panigale/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
Yea it is Euro 4 and given the strict laws and regulations here, I cannot install the underbelly exhausts. So I'm pretty much stuck with aesthetic upgrades.

Btw, underbelly akrapovic exhausts here cost around S$6,000 (US$4,600)!

Actually I was given up to $3,000 for DP!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
...So I'm pretty much stuck with aesthetic upgrades...
You can use that money to buy lighter wheels. Some pro's actually believe that faced with a choice between lighter wheels or Ohlins suspension, they would choose the former as these will make a larger improvement to the bike's handling.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yea it is Euro 4 and given the strict laws and regulations here, I cannot install the underbelly exhausts. So I'm pretty much stuck with aesthetic upgrades.

I would think the that you can buy one from the US and have it put on. people in EU do it all the time, just because you are not supposed to doesn't mean you cant. Also police do not know the difference between Euro 4 and non...?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I would think the that you can buy one from the US and have it put on. people in EU do it all the time, just because you are not supposed to doesn't mean you cant. Also police do not know the difference between Euro 4 and non...?
It is highly likely that mine will be the only corse here. Authorities here are pretty capable in identifying those "illegal mods" I wouldn't wanna be slapped with a hefty fine for getting underbelly exhausts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts