Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted advice.

A dealer is quoting 18K OTD for a New 2017 959 Panigale. This includes tax, DMV, freight, and setup.

This is quoted by a Ducati dealership in the US. This ridiculous considering I have 800+ credit and am looking at the Ducati Premier Finance.

I was quoted a $275 monthly payment and this including $500 MSRP + a friend is buying another 959 with me.

I think I'm going to shop around and walk away.

Does this seem accurate or has anybody else had experience with the Ducati Premier Finance? It's similar to the BMW easy ride.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Wanted advice.

A dealer is quoting 18K OTD for a New 2017 959 Panigale. This includes tax, DMV, freight, and setup.

This is quoted by a Ducati dealership in the US. This ridiculous considering I have 800+ credit and am looking at the Ducati Premier Finance.

I was quoted a $275 monthly payment and this including $500 MSRP + a friend is buying another 959 with me.

I think I'm going to shop around and walk away.

Does this seem accurate or has anybody else had experience with the Ducati Premier Finance? It's similar to the BMW easy ride.
Your credit doesn't really have anything to do with how much the dealership quotes you for a 959. The interest rate on financing whatever was quoted is the only thing that should be affected by your credit. What APR did they quote you?

Where are you? 18k doesn't seem outrageous for beginning of the year sales. The first 4 or so prices that are posted in the pricing thread for 2016 models range between 15k-18k USD. Throughout the year, the average price for the 2016 model based on what's posted here comes to 16.6k USD OTD (median is 16.5k).

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
@DJ Shrug is right about your credit score - When I purchased mine back in April 2016 the dealer told me if I had better credit, I was A rated, with A+ I would only save half a percentage point on the financing. I ended up negotiating a 5.49% interest rate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys.

They're charging me about $1400 for a crate and setup. I think that's absolutely ridiculous.

Do you think that's negotiable or could be waived?

TBH, the sales guy has been really sloppy with me considering me and a buddy are considering buying bikes. We both have excellent credit scores and long job histories. They've already pulled both of our credit scores.

I feel like he's dicking around with 2 serious buyers and I want to take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
@bluevacuum - tell him that... you can easily walk into the next dealership and walk out with 2 bikes - you don't Have to get them from him!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll keep you guys posted. Will be doing some shopping around tomorrow.

Hopefully we negotiate a better deal or find a better deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
439 Posts
$1400 for freight and prep is absurd. With both of you buying, they should wave it or just have you pay < $400 for freight. Someone else on the forum was quoted 2.99% which seems attainable for you with your credit.

I would definately shop around... where are you located?

In addition, any upgrades that you purchase with the bike or typically within the 30 following the deal should be discounted as well - at least 15%.

I have not paid freight or prep on any of my bikes and avoid many of the Mickey Mouse fees (franchise tax - which isn't really a tax) by usually dealing direct with the sales manager or GM.

If they won't work with you, go elsewhere.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got 0% from Ducati Finance in October with an 800+ credit score, I know that offer went through the end of the year, don't know if they have it any more.

The set up fee is very high, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get much if any off MSRP for the bike itself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$1400 for freight and prep is absurd. With both of you buying, they should wave it or just have you pay < $400 for freight. Someone else on the forum was quoted 2.99% which seems attainable for you with your credit.

I would definately shop around... where are you located?

In addition, any upgrades that you purchase with the bike or typically within the 30 following the deal should be discounted as well - at least 15%.

I have not paid freight or prep on any of my bikes and avoid many of the Mickey Mouse fees (franchise tax - which isn't really a tax) by usually dealing direct with the sales manager or GM.

If they won't work with you, go elsewhere.

That's what I'm thinking. I'll try speaking to the GM. This sales rep seems inexperienced and playing way too many games with 2 serious buyers.

I'm located in SoCal.

I got 0% from Ducati Finance in October with an 800+ credit score, I know that offer went through the end of the year, don't know if they have it any more.

The set up fee is very high, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get much if any off MSRP for the bike itself.
I checked multiple ducati websites and they're advertising 3.99%-4.99%. This is really upsetting me because this rep is quoting me 5.99% and telling me that's the lowest rate period. He did say it's $500 off MSRP but with a $1400 crate and setup fee, seems like a bunch of smoke.

Something isn't adding up and I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick update, they're unwilling to budge on the setup/crate fee. Too bad. They lost 2 customers.

To add salt to injury, they mentioned that demand is high and the 2017 bikes are backordered all over the country so good luck finding a comparable deal.

Looks like I'll wait for a better deal.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quick update, they're unwilling to budge on the setup/crate fee. Too bad. They lost 2 customers.

To add salt to injury, they mentioned that demand is high and the 2017 bikes are backordered all over the country so good luck finding a comparable deal.

Current New Inventory | European Cycle Sports

What color are you interested in? Send me a PM if you want me to make an introduction to the GM. He would likely sell the bike and arrange shipping it to you for less than your local dealer was offering...

If you and your buddy want a red and white one, here you are.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Wow this is ridiculous! There's 3 Ducati dealers within an hour of me and they all have 17's available. When I was shopping for a 959 I went to my closest dealer a couple of times. I was ready to buy and called the sales guy and he said he was busy and needed to call me back. I waited 2 days and then proceeded to drive an hour and dealt with some really good people and so I bought from them.

In the end they don't care they are going to sell bikes whether it's to you or somewhere else. So I always feel like give your business to someone who you feel good about and feel like you were treated fairly. I couldn't be happier with the dealer I dealt with. And Sinjin is right. Don't be weary about dealing with out of state dealer. I crossed over to NH for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll keep you guys posted. Will be doing some shopping around tomorrow.

Hopefully we negotiate a better deal or find a better deal elsewhere.
Try Pro Italia in Glendale. Those guys are pretty cool and they know their stuff.

3319 N Verdugo Rd, Glendale, CA · (818) 249-5707

Good luck with the purchase!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Reactions: sinjin

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

What a crock 'o chit! What dealer is this???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Current New Inventory | European Cycle Sports

What color are you interested in? Send me a PM if you want me to make an introduction to the GM. He would likely sell the bike and arrange shipping it to you for less than your local dealer was offering...

If you and your buddy want a red and white one, here you are.
Unfortunately, I cannot PM you. Don't have 15 posts yet..... lol

Yes, the buddy and I are looking for Red/White.

Try Pro Italia in Glendale. Those guys are pretty cool and they know their stuff.

3319 N Verdugo Rd, Glendale, CA · (818) 249-5707

Good luck with the purchase!!
I'll check em out. I appreciate the recommendation.

What a crock 'o chit! What dealer is this???
I don't want to give out dealership info as of yet because I think they're doing this weird sales tactic and wouldn't be surprised if the GM calls me for this good cop bad cop BS. It's the same dealership you got your bike though and a new sales rep.

***Update***
So on my last update, the sales rep basically told me good luck on finding anything better and I politely let him know that this isn't the right fit for me. He gave me some BS line about supply and demand so stock is limited better act now but he understands. Blah blah blah.

To say the least, I was very unimpressed with his sales approach and completely turned off from ever working with him personally. I thought that was the end of it.

BOY, WAS I WRONG.

He sent me a text message from his cellphone. His text message included a picture of the 2 bikes with printed paper of my name and my buddy's name. The paper said the bikes belong to us so you cannot sit on them. In a following text message, he said the following...

"Don't make me take these down and look like a fool in front of my whole shop bluevacuum, please. I'm willing to give a little more but I can't give up... blah blah blah more BS, can have you out in less than hour."

WOW, the gall of this guy. This bridge is completely burnt. I can't believe his behavior and poor interpretation of our seriousness to buy. If this dealership permits this behavior, I won't buy here period.

I am completely disgusted and feel disrespected. You don't care about me as a consumer so why should I care about you?

I want to reply to this rep and tell him we've changed our mind! We're coming into buy right now. Send him updates every 10 mins of getting closer to the shop and tell him April fools right before closing.

What a waste of time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@bluevacuum - I'm speechless...
Same. Glad you had a better experience. Wish mine would have gone better. They would have had 2 sales and we would have had our bikes.

No biggie though. The bikes were wants, not necessarily needs. Better to see their true colors before we committed. I can't imagine how getting service would be like after we bought our bikes there. I could see it now. Need service done? Oh, get in line, don't care about you. We're your only options because we are your closest dealer. Where else are you going to go?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Superbike Corse is where I get my service done - great guys, who put on track days also! What if you were to walk back into the dealer and speak to A* or C* (the 2 guys that've been there forever) and disregard whoever it was you were dealing with!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts