Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Just venting but man are the Ducati screws soft or what it's like there made out of the cheapest metal known to man.

First it's the front fender screws, then it's the side fairings, then it's the lower screw below the headlight and the worst of them all is the ones holding the windshield.

I'm very mechanically inclined and my last bike was a 2013 Kawasaki zx6r and I never stripped a screw.

I guess that's why Ducati dealers charge so much for anything is because every time you try to take something off a screw strips so they have to make it up.

Anyways 30.00 after stripping 5 screws I got fed up and just ordered some pro-ti screws hopefully these don't strip.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
care to share your source of those TI (titanium I presume) screws you ordered?
:)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Awesome! Thank you for the info! Now if I only knew which kit to buy...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes but you will have to mix and march with a 2016 1299 like some of the fairing bolts, windshield,

I think it would be safe to go with some that are for the 899.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Purchase the kits you want for me I think anything that's is accessed more often like the side fairings is important because these are the panels that will be opened up most often.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've ordered kit fairing a and fairing windshield, I'll be getting other kits but these ain't cheap

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I've ordered kit fairing a and fairing windshield, I'll be getting other kits but these ain't cheap
Have you thought about getting the quick access ones?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I though about the quick access but I find it takes away from the bike if your not racing it.

The pro-ti screws really make the bike stand out, like giving your wife some fine jewelry :) well that's what I tell her anyways the wife that is.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I though about the quick access but I find it takes away from the bike if your not racing it.

The pro-ti screws really make the bike stand out, like giving your wife some fine jewelry :) well that's what I tell her anyways the wife that is.
I'm assuming that you got the titanium ones? I wouldn't think the gold or blue would look good on my 959. BTW, they have the 959 listed there now:

https://www.protiglobal.com/product...e+959+Panigale&nf=2016+Superbike+959+Panigale

1 - 11 of 11 Posts