Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In celebration of their 90th anniversary this year, Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali and brand ambassador Casey Stoner has unveiled their special edition 1299 Panigale at the World Ducati Week in Misano.

Sporting a livery inspired by the MotoGP prototypes and the Superleggera, the Panigale S Anniversario is painted red, white and black. As is traditiona with Ducati limited edition bikes, the Anniversario is paired with a set of gold painted wheels and the gold makes its way to the Akrapovic exhausts, too. They’ve even laser-etched the top triple clamp with the unit’s number in the 500 series.

Besides the new livery, Ducati has added a series of upgrades including new steering-head inserts that are machined from aluminium. These inserts will shift the front wheel forward by 5 mm (0.2") which makes the Anniversario’s chassis geometry the same as Ducati’s Panigale R. It’s also 2.5kg (5.5 lb) lighter than the S model because Ducati used a lightweight lithium battery and carbon fiber heel guards, rear fender, and shock absorber cover.

The Panigale S Anniversario may be lacking in weight but not in technology because its electronics are enhanced with the new-generation, EVO stage Ducati Traction Control (DTC) and Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC). If you can’t get a hand on the S Anniversario, that’s okay because the new tech will most likely be rolled out in Ducati’s superbike range later on.

Powering this beauty is a 205 hp Ducati Superquadro 1285 cc engine and keeping all that power in check are features like Bosch cornering ABS, Ducati Quick Shifter (DQS), Engine Brake Control (EBC) and Öhlins Smart EC semi-active suspension.

Prices have not yet been announced but they are set to reach dealerships later this month, depending on your location, and if you want one in your garage, it’s best to get in touch with the nearest dealership to inquire about the 1299 Panigale S Anniversario.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Hands On

So I needed some MOTUL chain lube because I was gonna clean my chain... while at the shop I ran into the Anniversario and had a great chat with the owner. I must say, that for the price it shouldn't have some of the same bits that my 959 has - like the fasteners, the stock black stamped-out cheap looking fasteners. C'mon Ducati!!! You're only making 500 of them, what's another 50 bucks each unit to put some quality titanium fasteners on! I could go on, but I won't. Beautiful bike otherwise
:grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
So I needed some MOTUL chain lube because I was gonna clean my chain... while at the shop I ran into the Anniversario and had a great chat with the owner. I must say, that for the price it shouldn't have some of the same bits that my 959 has - like the fasteners, the stock black stamped-out cheap looking fasteners. C'mon Ducati!!! You're only making 500 of them, what's another 50 bucks each unit to put some quality titanium fasteners on! I could go on, but I won't. Beautiful bike otherwise
:grin2:
I guess I look at it as the 959 is so much more for the $$ that you're paying compared to other panigales. I'm definitely still in love with my 959 after 7,200 miles, 7 months, and 5 track days

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FK482
1 - 6 of 6 Posts