Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Electrical Bypass

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Forewarned 
#1 ·
I'm getting my 2016 959 ready for track season and switched to track fairings for this season. I have not been able to find the electrical race connectors Ducati use to sell, and I was thinking about making my own. Has anybody made their own resistor kits for the rear tail light and radiator fan? I measured resistance on the brake light this morning and it came in at 3.5M Ohms. My plan would be, if nobody has information on this, would be try to find the electrical connections that would mate with the factory connections, and solder my own resistors into the new plugs. Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks,

BP

#2 ·
You can get away from the CEL on the tail light if you unplug your brake light switches. It is the brake light that activates it. You will also need something for the side stand. I've kept my radiator fan so no insight on that.

t_bare

Reactions: Bpoppe21
#3 ·
This is what the factory plug is made of. The resistor is across the white and black wires and is banded as in the picture - I haven’t tested the ohms myself but you should be able to figure it out from the color pattern I hope. I don’t have info on the side stand delete sorry. You can also just unplugged the front and rear brake wire connectors to prevent the CEL from appearing.

#9 ·
HI everybody,

Does anyone has any update on this?
I cannot find the Ducati part anywhere, definitely discontinued.

As far as I have seen in here and other threads. I'd need a 100ohm resistor. What I cannot find is the plastic bit that covers it. Do you guys know the name on eBay or something?

Thanks!

#10 ·
HI everybody,

Does anyone has any update on this?
I cannot find the Ducati part anywhere, definitely discontinued.

As far as I have seen in here and other threads. I'd need a 100ohm resistor. What I cannot find is the plastic bit that covers it. Do you guys know the name on eBay or something?

Thanks!
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.