Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All... I am new to the forum, but unfortunately, I have to start with an issue post.

I bought the bike (2018 Ducati Panigale 959) two weeks ago this coming Saturday. On the way down to the shop this past Tuesday for the 600 mile service is started acting up.

First when I went to start it in the morning... when pushing the start button, it just clicked. If you hold it for a second after the click, it started.

Then... the caution (the triangle with the "!" in it), the ABS, and fuel reserve light, and the speed was dropping to "0" while on the highway. When I pulled off my exit, it wouldn't idle... just kept dying. I stopped by the gas station to fill it up (seeing how the fuel reserve was flashing on and off), fueled up and it was fine the rest of the way to the shop.

That was Tuesday. Today (Friday), I take it off the stands, unplup the Ducati trickle charger, and go to start it... it is doing the click issue when starting again. Ugh. On the way to work, the caution light and the reserve light (it's almost full on fuel) flashed, and it dies on me once... I took it to the shop later this morning and it is exhibiting the same symptoms.

The shop said it will have to run diagnostics...

This is my first Duc... I really didn't expect to have issue like this... at least with in the first two weeks.

Any one else ever have this issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention...

Tuesday when they check the codes... it had stored codes about low and high voltage errors.

I was told the battery tender was installed wrong that the tender connector should not go between the main connector and the battery. The shop swapped it, but it obviously didn't fix it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sounds like you got a nasty wiring harness issue and/or a busted DDS black box.

Can't help, but it seems like you have the same problem a YouTuber had - look up SnewJ's Ducati problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... so... I got the bike back yesterday.

I was a loose ground cable. Easy fix at least. It must have at the end of somebody's shift. :|

Just wanted to update. Have a great day.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. Did you get more info about where the loose ground cable was located?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes... the tech mentioned it is located behind the battery box. He said it should have been something that was tightened at the factory... It was backed out by a few threads.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Yes... the tech mentioned it is located behind the battery box. He said it should have been something that was tightened at the factory... It was backed out by a few threads.

Someone forgot the grease!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts