Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just bought a panigale and I’m trying to register with the dmv but they need to see the engine number which I couldn’t find, even with the help of the owners manual where it shows a diagram and describes the location.

Do I need to remove the bottom fairings or something? Does anyone have any advice how I can get access to see it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Left side upper and lower fairings need to come off, and then you'll need to look in from the front lower left IIRC. It's on the front side of the block.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Left side upper and lower fairings need to come off, and then you'll need to look in from the front lower left IIRC. It's on the front side of the block.
thank you! I’ll take off the left side to have a look and report my findings in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Its on the bottom of the motor, you'll have to get on the ground and look up or get a mirror. My DMV guy said he needed to see it for himself but didn't want to lay on the pavement, so I just snapped a pic of the number with my phone and showed it to him.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its on the bottom of the motor, you'll have to get on the ground and look up or get a mirror. My DMV guy said he needed to see it for himself but didn't want to lay on the pavement, so I just snapped a pic of the number with my phone and showed it to him.
You were able to snap this photo with all fairings still on the 959? I couldn't see anywhere to get a photo like this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You were able to snap this photo with all fairings still on the 959? I couldn't see anywhere to get a photo like this?
fairings still need to come off, but then you'll be able to get underneath. The manual states where to find the number, but it's above the starter, just below where the head mates with the cyl, on the front side of the engine. You need to get basically under the machine to be able to see up and into the area. Mine had a hose that was partially blocking it, so it took a couple different angles of photos to get everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts