Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i locked up the motor in my 959 i believe. i am purchasing a 1199r motor this weekend and other bits and swapping it all over.

i’m pretty mechanically inclined but never have messed with ducati’s before.
are there any weight ups on removing a engine and the steps to do it in? or if anyone else in here has done it any pointers or tips would be appreciated!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
240 Posts
It won't be like a standard bike where you can just drop the motor out while it sits on a stand. The front frame and swingarm bolt to the motor, so you'll have to support the motor and then remove everything off the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't be like a standard bike where you can just drop the motor out while it sits on a stand. The front frame and swingarm bolt to the motor, so you'll have to support the motor and then remove everything off the motor.
okay cool. is it safe to use jack stands to support it or is there a special stand made that uses holes on the motor and bolts to it?

·
Registered
240 Posts
okay cool. is it safe to use jack stands to support it or is there a special stand made that uses holes on the motor and bolts to it?
Yes there is an engine stand you can buy, Pierobon makes various stands, Corse Dynamics makes one. Best thing to do is Google "Panigale engine stand" and find something you like. If not hang it from the rafters and go to town on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts