Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't say anything sounds abnormal. Did you do anything that would lead you to think something was wrong?

Reactions: cuonglm

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I wouldn't say anything sounds abnormal. Did you do anything that would lead you to think something was wrong?
No, just because this is my first ever Ducati bike.

The story started when I and my friends discussed about wet clutch and dry clutch. My friends have owned a 848 and they told me that there would be no special sound from the engine with wet clutch, like 959.

I send them my clip above, they saw it and told me that I should re-check the engine, it's not normal.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Oh good haha, I was expecting an over-rev. Yeah seems fine from your video.

I know on my 959 even with the wet clutch, pulling in the clutch will make it sound different than with the clutch out in neutral. I don't remember which way it goes, but I think the difference is much more apparent with the engine warmed up.

Certainly not as apparent with a dry clutch, but still some difference and its not completely quiet.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you referring to the very high pitch tapping sound - what sounds like a pen slapping the back of a spoon...?
which sound, exactly?
Yes, it is. The sound which makes Ducati different from others.

My friends expected the engine with wet clutch must be smooth, without any tapping sound like that.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Sounds like mine, the 959 is a threshing machine, lot's of mechanical noise is pretty normal I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts