Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the posted video on the 959 dyno run by fast bikes and am a bit surprised to hear the Euro 4 version of the 959 is 10 HP down from the 899 between 3500 to 5000 rpm. With more displacement and a longer stroke I didn't expect that. Those dyno pulls are way different than the official Ducati site is showing where the 959 power curve is higher at all RPMs. I'm wondering if our US 959 is similarity gutted down low? Anyone seen an 899 vs 959 dyno pull for the US versions?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I just watched the posted video on the 959 dyno run by fast bikes and am a bit surprised to hear the Euro 4 version of the 959 is 10 HP down from the 899 between 3500 to 5000 rpm. With more displacement and a longer stroke I didn't expect that. Those dyno pulls are way different than the official Ducati site is showing where the 959 power curve is higher at all RPMs. I'm wondering if our US 959 is similarity gutted down low? Anyone seen an 899 vs 959 dyno pull for the US versions?

Yeah I find this interesting as well. A good friend of mine is going to be doing a Dyno run on a stock 959 here in the US on a USA spec bike so I can share those numbers. Will post the results when I get them.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I find this interesting as well. A good friend of mine is going to be doing a Dyno run on a stock 959 here in the US on a USA spec bike so I can share those numbers. Will post the results when I get them.

Good Man,:smile2: looking forward to seeing the results.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yep, compare these curves to the ones in the video, one of them is wrong, not even close really.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went back and watched the video again, that's with an Akrapovic system on the 959. Wonder if that's effecting the low end?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had read that there was a dip in the 959 caused by the need to meet emission standards...

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it noticeable? That kind of thing drives me crazy, my ZX-10R has a super linear power curve, feels like a big electric motor. My CBR1000RR has a big flat spot down low, then comes on like gangbusters at 6000 for a big midrange hit. I prefer smooth and linear personally.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is it noticeable? That kind of thing drives me crazy, my ZX-10R has a super linear power curve, feels like a big electric motor. My CBR1000RR has a big flat spot down low, then comes on like gangbusters at 6000 for a big midrange hit. I prefer smooth and linear personally.
To me the bike is generally flat torque (not a great deal of tq either) wise until about 6K then it pulls pretty strong to about 8K then pulls really hard.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To me the bike is generally flat torque (not a great deal of tq either) wise until about 6K then it pulls pretty strong to about 8K then pulls really hard.

Thanks levi, looking forward to a test drive on Saturday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
what we have to remember is that in essence this bike is a middle weight so you need to keep the RPMs up for it to sing...>:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts