Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone removed the evap canister? I was about to remove it but i noticed that there is a purge valve now. So obviously i would think if i unplugged the valve, a check engine light will appear.

C

·
Registered
208 Posts
I believe a few people have removed it with no check engine light present. It seems to create more issues being on there than not.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Vic any issues with the smog block off plates? Do you have to do anything else to put them in?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I believe you're supposed to plug the large hose and leave the smaller one open.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Removed the canister on Wednesday evening, still had the hard cold start issue but the check engine light went off. Dealer says the bike has an adaptive ECU so they suggested I keep starting it even if it takes a while each time, and that it should eventually work itself out. But if not, they can "reprogram" it. They also mentioned that they have noticed this issue with the bikes they have sold so far and that there is no worry about getting stranded as they will always start eventually. Cranked it over again last night (second time since the canister removal) and it started first try. My plan is to at least start it everyday for the next week and see what transpires.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Has anyone linked the gas tank ventilation issue with the the hard starting issue? I think they may be linked. I have been experiencing the hard cold start issue even after I removed the charcoal canister, so at the dealers advice i've been starting it every day to see if it subsides. It did start straight away one day then back to the issue the next. Two days ago I heard a faint hissing sound coming from the bike. I put my ear on the tank and it was quite clear that it was the sound of vapors in the tanks venting (or lack thereof) system. I opened the cap and it disappeared. The bike also started right up afterwards. I've yet to try this after I've experienced the hard start issue to see if it's truly the cause. It seems it takes a little while for the pressure to build up in the tank. I will ask my dealer about it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Could the filter in the canister be causing a blockage? Perhaps it had a rough transit ride before install...?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Could the filter in the canister be causing a blockage? Perhaps it had a rough transit ride before install...?
My canister has been removed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wanted to chime in as i havent been ridinh much simply because of rain and my bike problems. I also had starting issues, ones where it didnt want to stay on and ones that seemed like battery or immobilizer was tripping. Nowadays i feel my bike struggling to stay on at idle and i have had the bike shut off on me three times when idling, even if im coasting. Like... wtf. Lol

Im starting to believe what people say about Ducati reliability. And of course , i am too lazy to go to the dealer. Work, weather, video games and all distract me.

:/

1 - 20 of 39 Posts