Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I believe we attempted this a while back and were still unable to get into a "realistic" price point.

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
yeah, this didn't work out because the "preferred" group price was still like 3 grand for the full TI system - more than most are willing to pay for an exhaust, even with the discount

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
yeah, this didn't work out because the "preferred" group price was still like 3 grand for the full TI system - more than most are willing to pay for an exhaust, even with the discount
I don't remember getting that low for a full system.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Which exhaust would you be thinking ?
I believe the only brand that is "officially" compatible (meaning it includes the engine map) are the Akra models.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I would definitely do a group buy for the full akro for $3,000. I would do it for $3,500.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I would definitely do a group buy for the full akro for $3,000. I would do it for $3,500.

The "key" word being FULL here.

Reactions: avigil

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
The "key" word being FULL here.
Absolutely! I won't buy a slip on. I will just stick with stock instead of a slip on.

I will probably get the full system sometime before next spring (likely January or February) and install it myself. It doesn't make any sense to me to buy it now (with less riding in the winter). So, I have some time to wait to see if a group buy or any other options come out.

Also, I'm trying to stick to a yearly budget on bike expenses. With the 959 purchase in 2016, waiting until 2017 is prudent.

Reactions: Dingo

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Absolutely! I won't buy a slip on. I will just stick with stock instead of a slip on.

I will probably get the full system sometime before next spring (likely January or February) and install it myself. It doesn't make any sense to me to buy it now (with less riding in the winter). So, I have some time to wait to see if a group buy or any other options come out.

Also, I'm trying to stick to a yearly budget on bike expenses. With the 959 purchase in 2016, waiting until 2017 is prudent.

I'm with ya!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Not sure where you'd go locally to get this done, but if you're open to shipping internationally, Phl from 1299 provides a service to do so: For Sale: stock exhaust core service - Ducati 1299 Forum

Not counting shipping costs to send your cans to him, the price currently is 550 USD + shipping for our 959s.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There was a shop advertising Akra's in Australia online $4K AUD for a full system delivered in Aus. That's **** cheap and comes down to about $3K USD on current rate. Definitely some good deals out there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts