Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kind of a nightmare it will be to export two bikes to Spain? Will be retiring in a few months and relocating to Spain and I am attached to my Ducs.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Just pay the piper to have them put in a container... it's that simple I think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You also should consider the insurance during transport, shove in a small gps tracker as well... Depending where you're form, if you're bike is not the european model then (I think) that once you get there you have to swap out the dash for one in km/h and the lights are different as well. Then you'll need to pay to get it stamped and put through their ITV (like the british MOT) and that is a complete and utter ballache on its own.

FTR, I had a 959 in the UK. I sold it and bought another one in Spain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I didn't think I would need to change out the clusters I just thought it had to be as close to stock as possible and pay taxes for what the value of the bike is worth.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sounds like selling and re-buying in Spain is the easiest. Might even get better value since dollar is worth more than euro at the moment

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
...Might even get better value since dollar is worth more than euro at the moment
I don't think that's ever happened, but it was close on Dec 21, 2016 - US $1 = EUR 1.03. But we know what you mean, the Euro is very weak ATM. 1 EUR = $1.14 currently

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Dingo the dollar is weak in Europe it .88 to 1 Euro. I would lose my *** if I bought over in Europe right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you purchased the bike in Europe, which the UK is currently still in, then you don't have to pay import tax.

If the UK are a huge bunch of dicks as expected and Brexit happens, then to import from a non-eu country into the EU you must pay import tax, and that's pretty huge. Bear this in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts