Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow took me awhile to figure out the best way to get the kick stand down.....USE YOUR TOE NOT THE HEEL!

Unlike other bikes i always used my heel to get the kick stand down. Depending on which boots you have it can or cannot be done. Using SIDI boots the heel is small enough to be able to get it down with the heel (Still 50/50 though). Using my alpinestars, not a chance! The heel is just too big and slippery!

So the way that works all the time is move your foot BEHIND the foot peg and the use your TOE to push the kick stand down! Hopefully this will save some embarrassment for new 959 owners who are stuck in public trying to get the kick stand down!:wink2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes it is embarrassing when I first picked the bike up I wore my alpinestar boots and couldn't get the stand down. I needed to use my left hand to get it down. Any other shoe there is not an issue.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes it is embarrassing when I first picked the bike up I wore my alpinestar boots and couldn't get the stand down. I needed to use my left hand to get it down. Any other shoe there is not an issue.
EXACTLY what happened to me. With other boots not an issue after figuring it out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a shortened side stand, so using the heel as with other bikes!

·
Registered
113 Posts
So the way that works all the time is move your foot BEHIND the foot peg and the use your TOE to push the kick stand down! Hopefully this will save some embarrassment for new 959 owners who are stuck in public trying to get the kick stand down!:wink2:
Exactly. I am doing the same thing without knowing that it was a trick :)
Nothing like living in ignorance, never thought it was an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts