Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently speaking with different detailers around Sydney area looking to get film protection and Opti-Coat for my AWS 959 (pick her up in 5 days!!).

I am wondering what the consensus is around a full wrap vs specific/custom wrap of film? From what I've been quoted, a full wrap is just over double the price of the custom coverage. I have attached two images showing the coverage of the custom wrap.

Also, are there any AWS 959 owners out there with Opti-Coat paint protection? I see there is an option for matte finishes but not really that much detail.

Love to hear what others think and have done :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Film Protection

Currently speaking with different detailers around Sydney area looking to get film protection and Opti-Coat for my AWS 959 (pick her up in 5 days!!).

I am wondering what the consensus is around a full wrap vs specific/custom wrap of film? From what I've been quoted, a full wrap is just over double the price of the custom coverage. I have attached two images showing the coverage of the custom wrap.

Also, are there any AWS 959 owners out there with Opti-Coat paint protection? I see there is an option for matte finishes but not really that much detail.

Love to hear what others think and have done :smile2:
http://www.959panigale.net/forum/95...essories/3466-paint-protection.html#post88970

I opted for a kit wrap from Tankslapper. Here's the write up. Hope this will help your research.

Cheers

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone on here has applied a nano/glass-coating onto their AWS 959 yet, but according to some other detailing sites, should be fine with some degraded matte-ness (becomes somewhat glossy).

Here's two sources, with the second one being a direct comparison to pre-OptiCoat matte and post-optiCoat matte on black paint:

In terms of being on white paint, you could probably only tell under certain lighting conditions. Most likely, it won't be Arctic White Silk anymore, but probably White Silk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those comments, had a great read through them all. Still yet to see someone with film on the AWS finish, can certainly see your point on a slight degraded matte-ness with the opti-coat.

I am going to swing by the detailer and get a small matte film tester done to see how well it marries up to the paint finish and let you know how it looks :)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
@BigT - I know pictures are worth a thousand words sometimes and others they don't do it justice - we'd still like to see :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had mine fully wrapped with XPEL and the owner of the shop threw in a full Modesta glass coating for free to use my bike for marketing. Only ended up paying $300 but anywhere else it would be $2-3K.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had mine fully wrapped with XPEL and the owner of the shop threw in a full Modesta glass coating for free to use my bike for marketing. Only ended up paying $300 but anywhere else it would be $2-3K.
Great find there @DPPD! I've been quoted for a full wrap at the $2k AUD mark so is a tough bullet to bite. Thus leaning more towards the partial kit wrap.

Do you have a red or white 959?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put her in the shop this morning for the wrap and Opti-Coat, will be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon.

Fingers crossed it comes out well against the white finish.

Will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a red 959 with Opticoat Pro +, I was assuming that it would prevent my bike from getting swirl marks but that's not what it does :(
I guess I'll go for a film protection as well.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I have a red 959 with Opticoat Pro +, I was assuming that it would prevent my bike from getting swirl marks but that's not what it does :(
I guess I'll go for a film protection as well.
I had the Opticoat Pro + done on my gloss black Monster and equally not that impressed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts