Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, fellow forum members.

After many years of riding Japanese sportbikes, last month I bought my first Ducati. I had test driven a 2018 959 at the local dealership, but just before I pulled the trigger a 2016 with 1300 miles came up for sale locally and I was able to strike a deal @ 12k...and since it already had a fender eliminator and DP clear clutch cover installed I’m even more stoked.

Though I’ve never had a Ducati in my garage, it isn’t my first v-twin - I had a RC51 back in the 2000s (see pic), but that is a long time ago and I’d forgotten just how different the twin rides vs. an I4. And the difference from my strong-yet-sedate Fireblade 1000RR is so great that I’ve decided to keep the Honda as a commuter bike. And so the collection\obsession begins again...

Loving the Panigale and look forward to getting to know you all. If there are any members in the Santa Cruz\South Bay Area here in NorCal, hope to meet you in person someday for a ride.

-Rob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Congrats and welcome! What made you go back to the twin? (just curious) Dig the Colin Edwards rep.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, fellow forum members.

After many years of riding Japanese sportbikes, last month I bought my first Ducati. I had test driven a 2018 959 at the local dealership, but just before I pulled the trigger a 2016 with 1300 miles came up for sale locally and I was able to strike a deal @ 12k...and since it already had a fender eliminator and DP clear clutch cover installed I’m even more stoked.

Though I’ve never had a Ducati in my garage, it isn’t my first v-twin - I had a RC51 back in the 2000s (see pic), but that is a long time ago and I’d forgotten just how different the twin rides vs. an I4. And the difference from my strong-yet-sedate Fireblade 1000RR is so great that I’ve decided to keep the Honda as a commuter bike. And so the collection\obsession begins again...

Loving the Panigale and look forward to getting to know you all. If there are any members in the Santa Cruz\South Bay Area here in NorCal, hope to meet you in person someday for a ride.

-Rob
Congrats, and welcome! Smoking deal, bruh!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts