Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the bike delivered yesterday and I put a couple miles on it but today was my first real ride. I did right at 110 miles and the bike felt great. I need to make a few adjustments to the suspension though. I took the same route I did with my Supersport S several times and there are a few "big" bumps in the road I didn't know were there until today. The suspension is considerably stiffer than the SSS and a few times it caught me by surprise when I got the hard jolt when I hit a bad spot. Before I left I softened the front forks because it seemed harsh yesterday and I noticed today the back seems to be the major contributing factor right now.

One of my major concerns with the 959 was riding position. When I took it for a test ride I wasn't sure if it was going to be too aggressive but I decided to give it a try anyway. About 15 minutes into my ride I starting thinking that I might have made a mistake and should have kept my SSS but after awhile it started feeling more comfortable. After I took a few breaks I started getting more confident and everything started coming together. The last part of my ride is a stretch of twisty roads about 15 miles long and I was really impressed with the handling and the comfort.

One thing that struck me as strange is that I had the bike in Sport mode set to "high" and then I switched it to Race mode set to "high" with the same settings and I swear it felt better and sounded better. I'm keeping it at 6k or below but the engine sounded different to me in Race mode. The engine breaking also makes a strange noise sometimes, I can't describe it but it's kind of like a squeal or squeak. It seems to happen at higher RPM's. Anyway, I love the bike and can't wait to start getting some miles on it.

Here's a few pictures from today. Unfortunately it was cloudy so the pictures don't do the bike justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats! The riding position will become second nature once you build up your core strength and dial in your posture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts