Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

A couple of weeks past now, I bought my first Ducati. I am now the proud owner of a beautiful red 959, 4000 miles on the clock but in great condition.

I really learned to ride motorcycles two years ago, in my late forties, because I thought the sports style Ducatis were so amazing. I saw them in my local Ducati dealer here in Glasgow (great people) about four years ago and was blown away by all of them. They looked exciting and so vibrant I wanted to own and ride one. So much so that it was worth going through the laborious process of learning to ride and getting a full licence.

I had gone a Vespa 125 nearly thirty years before, but had never had more than a brief encounter with a proper motorcycle. I am happy to say I have now sorted that out before time ran out for me.

I learned to ride on a Suzuki 125 van van(brilliant and charismatic wee bike which I wish I had kept) before buying a BMW F800 GT, which was ok but never an exciting ride,although competent enough.

Anyway now have a stunning glamorous 959 which feels awesome every time I even start it up. 300 miles in now.

Feel really excited to join the worldwide 959 fraternity finally.

So to summarise:

Hello from Bearsden, just outside Glasgow, Scotland.

Orv

·
Registered
182 Posts
Like they say. Life starts after forty’s. Congratulations for the awesome 959, and for joining the two wheels world. And welcome off course

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello and good morning from Swanton Vermont, USA.
I am glad you made a leap of faith. You as I am sure have already found out in your first 300 miles have made a great decision on your new bike.
The 959 is a very competent machine. I bought mine a year ago and have already given her 14 track days, doing 15&16 Sunday and Monday.
Enjoy the ride my man.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome! They are a great bike to own, has been rock solid reliable for me.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Show us what she looks like with you on her!

·
Registered
892 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts