Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T-rex racing out of Dallas has a nice slider kit. I figured good sliders was a very worth wild investment.
They sent me the 899 kit with a little modification.
The left side slider has 959 engraved on it. The Right side is off their 1199 model. Front and rear axle slider are very solid, great build quality too.

What sliders did you go for?

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice set of unassuming sliders and good choice on adding sliders. I still regret not adding sliders to my first bike. It still haunts me to this day.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice set of unassuming sliders and good choice on adding sliders. I still regret not adding sliders to my first bike. It still haunts me to this day.
That's why it pays to be part of a community, I find that a lot of newbs make that mistake of not getting involved in a community based around what they own.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just inquired with t-Rex seems like they will be up on their site as of next week for purchase.

I've dropped my past bike a couple of times and man am I glad to have put these on from day 1

I had the yoshimura on my 2013 zx6r and no fairing damage, no rear brake lever damage but a small scratch on the mirror and the foot peg got hit too so that had to be replaced.

They will save you tons of money if ever you drop the bike

I'll be purchasing them for my 959

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Those are sweet. I was looking at Sato and R&G until I saw the T-Rex ones which are much better looking. One thing I noticed is that the right hand clutch cover slider is significantly different for your than the one shown for the 899 on T-Rex Racings website. Perhaps it's because the 1199 or 1299 parts are closer to the 959 than the 899 for certain areas. This is something that I was recently made aware to pay attention to courtesy of Rucks22.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 959 has a 2pc clutch cover like the 11 and 12 while the 899 has a 1pc. I think this is because of the slipper clutch but that's just my guess. I thought the 899 over the top case was cool BUT after riding I figured I would rub my leg in it to much.
I like the one bottom clutch slider look better.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
The 959 has a 2pc clutch cover like the 11 and 12 while the 899 has a 1pc. I think this is because of the slipper clutch but that's just my guess. I thought the 899 over the top case was cool BUT after riding I figured I would rub my leg in it to much.
I like the one bottom clutch slider look better.
I<3twins you're are correct 100%... You could also now run the DucaBike "Fish bowl" clutch cover like the one for the 1199/1299.

Reactions: I<3twins

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
These do look very nice and clean almost as if part of the bike. Might just have to rethink the idea of having frame sliders... Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How hard are these to install for someone who is not mechanically inclined like yourself?
On a scale from 1 to 10. 1 being changing a tired and 10 being rebuilding a motor and 7 being building something from Ikea.... I would say this is a 2 hahaha :wink2:
Instructions provided make this a cake walk.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Then the sliders will be a cinch to install! I still have a few extra screws from my last Ikea bookshelf. NO idea where they're supposed to go.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
On a scale from 1 to 10. 1 being changing a tired and 10 being rebuilding a motor and 7 being building something from Ikea.... I would say this is a 2 hahaha :wink2:
Instructions provided make this a cake walk.

Ikea stuff sucks to put together, I'd rather do a Desmo service on my Panigale.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So i dropped my bike on the way to it's first service and $350 in damage + service cost later I got the bike back.. LOL. Anyways, t-rex now officially lists the set for 959 so I picked that up. Too little too late but no more expensive damage for me haha.

Funny tho, the mirror shattered and the lever bent as expected, but no other damage to my bike.. I assumed the fairing would crack or something else would happen but no.. lucky me :}

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
So i dropped my bike on the way to it's first service and $350 in damage + service cost later I got the bike back.. LOL. Anyways, t-rex now officially lists the set for 959 so I picked that up. Too little too late but no more expensive damage for me haha.

Funny tho, the mirror shattered and the lever bent as expected, but no other damage to my bike.. I assumed the fairing would crack or something else would happen but no.. lucky me :}
Bummer. Was this a drop when you weren't riding? Or a low speed drop or something? Either way I'm assuming (and hoping) you're ok?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dam Son
Za szypko

I am thinking of buying sliders, but the guy at Ducati dealership told me it's not even worth it. If it falls its front heavy and going to take damage anyway.

He specifically mentioned the T-Rex sliders though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was a drop at no miles an hour i was trying to do a U-turn in the car park and when the bike turns it goes sharply and I wasn't ready, I'm very much okay and the bike is all sorted and just waiting on the sliders :}

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the R and G sliders waiting for the bike to get here on Saturday. I was shown how to remove the fairings so that wont be too hard as long as I keep track of what screw came from where and make sure they are all removed before trying to demount the fairing. A good idea is to have a piece of cardboard with holes drilled in and put the screws in the right spot on that to make it idiot proof. One tip was to put liquid soap on the rubber location slots near the top mount area. Also remove or loosen the top fairing near the steering head. I also have a front axle slider and radiator guards to put on as well. I have the seat conversion to go from pillion to race style. That looks easy enough. The metal fluid reservoirs are still coming from England.

·
Registered
25 Posts
T-rex racing out of Dallas has a nice slider kit. I figured good sliders was a very worth wild investment.
They sent me the 899 kit with a little modification.
The left side slider has 959 engraved on it. The Right side is off their 1199 model. Front and rear axle slider are very solid, great build quality too.

What sliders did you go for?
Hey, so I got the exact same set. How did you get the bolts off for the gear side slider? Mine just wont budge :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts