Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took this beauty home yesterday. Since this is my fist 959 what should I be worried about? It鈥檚 a 2019 959 Corse with 1700 miles.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Excited to be here thank you all. 馃憤

Premium Member
Welcome to the forum.

Not to be Eeyore and bring a rain cloud over your new bike buzz but I鈥檇 change the plastic water pump gears for some steel ones. The OEM plastic gears have a nasty secret of giving way unexpectedly and it ain鈥檛 cheap to deal with.

Many haven鈥檛 had a problem and I certainly didn鈥檛 think I would with my 2019 and barely 600 miles on the clock. But fate came knocking.

Anyways, I鈥檓 excited to get mine back together to get her back out on the track. It鈥檚 a great middleweight track bike (or canyon carver) and I rather like the narrow profile.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Not to be Eeyore and bring a rain cloud over your new bike buzz but I鈥檇 change the plastic water pump gears for some steel ones. The OEM plastic gears have a nasty secret of giving way unexpectedly and it ain鈥檛 cheap to deal with.

Many haven鈥檛 had a problem and I certainly didn鈥檛 think I would with my 2019 and barely 600 miles on the clock. But fate came knocking.

Anyways, I鈥檓 excited to get mine back together to get her back out on the track. It鈥檚 a great middleweight track bike (or canyon carver) and I rather like the narrow profile.
Thank you for the warm welcome and heads up regarding the plastic gears. I would definitely have them replaced with the metal ones. Do you know how much the shop charge for this kind of job?

Anyways, I read your thread and you mentioned Yamaha Champ school. I just attended the one in ButtonWillow last month and had a really great time. Maybe I鈥檇 see you in one of the class if and when you decide to join the YCRS Team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts