Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All! been lurking for a while reading reviews about the Panigale 959. I've always wanted a Duc since the 996 came out, I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and purchased a Red 959. I'm hoping this will be great experience.

I live in the BayArea and ride up the Santa Cruz mountains every weekend.

Current Bikes
2015 HD Road Glide 2015
2016 Panigale 959

Previous Bikes
2009 Yamaha R6 own in 2008 to 2012
2013 HD Street Glide own in 2012-2015

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Congrats @rcrull959 ! You will thoroughly enjoy the bike if you realize what it's intent is, compared to the other bikes you own or owned. Have you ridden it yet? A test ride perhaps if you haven't taken livery yet?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome rcrull959! I was in your shoes just a couple short weeks ago! Your 600 mile service will come up quick!

You're in Fremont?! Antioch here. Where in the mountains do you ride?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats @rcrull959 ! You will thoroughly enjoy the bike if you realize what it's intent is, compared to the other bikes you own or owned. Have you ridden it yet? A test ride perhaps if you haven't taken livery yet?

Rode it home 20 miles away from the dealer, took up in the twisties yesterday. I also rode a friends 899 a few months back and love it, main reason why I bought this bike. I'm more concern about reliability and maintenance cost. If I can get 50K miles like my R6 without breaking the bank that would be awesome.

Welcome rcrull959! I was in your shoes just a couple short weeks ago! Your 600 mile service will come up quick!

You're in Fremont?! Antioch here. Where in the mountains do you ride?
Yes, it will I already purchase oil and filter for that service.

I ride hwy 9/35/84/Pescadero, and Uvas/152/Soquel/Old Santa Cruz mostly. Sometimes my friends and I ride Mines to Mt Hamilton or 84/Palomares/Redwood Rd. Let me know if you are interested in going on a ride with us and I will give you the details.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats man! I'm a first time Duc owner as well! You're going to love this bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts