Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the Moto Science mirrors, does anybody know where they can be bought in Europe or the UK?

The only other option I can see right now are the Rizoma ones which are reassuringly expensive.

Any other ideas?

Don't really like bar end jobbies

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
looks like they fold at the bolt on the stem... but I'm not sure I'd call that "folding" - more like adjustable

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the moto science folding mirrors on my 959,the whole stem can be folded and the mirrors also rotate and they are made from aluminium so don't vibrate as much.they are made in Italy but there doesn't seem to be anywhere in Europe that sells them,I got mine shipped from moto science and it took less than 2 weeks :smile2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the moto science folding mirrors on my 959,the whole stem can be folded and the mirrors also rotate and they are made from aluminium so don't vibrate as much.they are made in Italy but there doesn't seem to be anywhere in Europe that sells them,I got mine shipped from moto science and it took less than 2 weeks :smile2:
How wide are they or what's the view behind like compared to the standard mirrors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
right the ones I actually have are in the 7th picture down,I did want the ones with the larger leds shown in the other pictures but I don't think they were in stock at the time.the moto science are not as wide as the standard mirrors but I personally don't have a problem using them, I'm not exactly slender I have a 46 inch chest.if I had the choice I would have stuck with the standard mirrors but it just wasn't an option especially as they're £150 each

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the stock folding 899 mirrors fit the 959?
I believe they are wider also which may improve vision.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
@Hoody1983 - are they all aluminum? the stantion all the way to the mirror holder? could all that's black be polished silver?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in the market for new mirrors also. These look nice.

I was backing mine out of a tight spot last night and barely bumped the mirror and it snapped right off.. I was so infuriated I broke the other one off and smashed it on the ground. What a POS design!! I noticed how fragile they were when I first picked up bike.

Any other options available? All input appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Not to lol Blackbolt but just did the same to mine too, though I didn't destroy my other one. A slight bump and SNAP!

I should have seen this thread before I ordered my replacement mirror (due Monday), expensive piece of plastic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went to their website and two versions were available. $230 and $275. I sent an email and I got an immediate phone call from Henry at Moto Science. He was extremely nice. the more expensive units have better LEDs and are the newer version and look better in his opinion. I ordered some already. Will post pics when installed.

I cannot get over how fragile the stockers are. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not to lol Blackbolt but just did the same to mine too, though I didn't destroy my other one. A slight bump and SNAP!

I should have seen this thread before I ordered my replacement mirror (due Monday), expensive piece of plastic.
Maybe you can return it. I would try. Good luck. Henry said they would ship out today so I should have a report and pics by next week. I will post.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts