Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to purchase a fork tube lap timer holder but having trouble finding the correct fork tube size. I am reading the fork tube size is 58mm, is this correct? Has anyone purchased a lap timer holder?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I designed one similar to what's provided with typical fork tube transponder mounts and 3D printed it to hold a Garmin GLO for my Panigale and Ninja 250's forks. In my design I have the Panigale's forks to be 53mm so it would fit better with my N250's 37mm forks, but 58mm sounds plausible for the area between the triple clamps if you wanted to match the OD completely.

Where are you finding fork tube lap timer holders?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XT Racing has them fairly cheap but doesn't go up to 58mm.
XT Racing Accessories

I want to mount it just below the top triple clamp so looks like 58mm it is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I designed one similar to what's provided with typical fork tube transponder mounts and 3D printed it to hold a Garmin GLO for my Panigale and Ninja 250's forks. In my design I have the Panigale's forks to be 53mm so it would fit better with my N250's 37mm forks, but 58mm sounds plausible for the area between the triple clamps if you wanted to match the OD completely.

Where are you finding fork tube lap timer holders?
FWIW, fork tubes are 53mm just above the triple clamp. I was able to pick one up from STG since XT was out of stock. My forks have 1 line showing from the top and the holder fit like a glove.

·
Registered
892 Posts
FWIW, fork tubes are 53mm just above the triple clamp. I was able to pick one up from STG since XT was out of stock. My forks have 1 line showing from the top and the holder fit like a glove.
Nice! I was fairly certain I measured it with a caliper but wasn't sure if the 53mm I had in my design factored in other things or exactly where I measured.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts