Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new Ducati owner in Virginia Beach, VA.

I am retired Navy, been riding for about 25 years, finally pulled the trigger on a new Ducati. I got the last red 959 from Redline Motorsports in Yorktown, VA. I decided on the 959 because anything bigger is simply bragging rights.

I don't plan on doing very many mods. I am interested in a Termi exhaust, new seat, fender eliminator and maybe a few other aesthetic mods. I don't need a whole lot more horsepower than what it already has. Since winter is on it's way I'll try and scrape up some extra cash here and there to purchase some slip ons and get her ready for next season.

I hope to find some good reading material here. I'm a new owner and need to learn all about the Ducati.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Welcome fellow new Ducati owner! What made you decide on the 959? ...and what's wrong with the Arctic White Silk ...? :laugh:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

What's your planned use for the 959? Just a spur of the moment, emotional upgrade? Spirited/track riding soon?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome fellow new Ducati owner! What made you decide on the 959? ...and what's wrong with the Arctic White Silk ...? :laugh:
I decided on the 959 simply because I feel any more (In the Panigale family) is just bragging rights. I can't use much more HP than what the 959 gives. The Arctic White is sexy as **** but I'm a red kinda guy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats and welcome!

What's your planned use for the 959? Just a spur of the moment, emotional upgrade? Spirited/track riding soon?
I also ride a 1999 Yamaha FZR600. it's a dinosaur...but i love it. I wanted a new bike and always wanted a Ducati. I finally saved enough to do the do. Quite honestly, no track days for me. I like to get on the throttle like any other sportbike rider but I play it kinda safe any more. I went to jail a few years back for speeding so public roads and other drivers get my respect. Perhaps I'll do a track day just to open it up a bit but nothing like regular basis.

I don't really plan on too many mods. But in my opinion, I want to hear a Ducati hum louder than any other bike...so an exhaust she shall receive!

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
You mite consider coring your exhaust. A member on here just did it himself and a moderator on 1299 offers the service for $350 I believe.

Get the noise without smashing the piggy bank..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Also, used exhausts are starting to show up on the 1299 used parts forum and on this one also. I just got a great deal on the forward facing termis, sound great, significant reduction in heat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts