Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I just pulled the trigger on Pit Bull front and read stands.

Can't wait to effortlessly rotate those wheels to clean the rims and lube the chain!

https://i.imgur.com/yXLhRYl.png

psst, Kruz you still here?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Welcome back

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winter is coming... and going...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually struggling with the front triple tree stand. Too much contact with the upper plastics when lifting equals too afraid to use the stand. Anyone have a solution for using the pit bull triple tree front hybrid stand on these 959s?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm actually struggling with the front triple tree stand. Too much contact with the upper plastics when lifting equals too afraid to use the stand. Anyone have a solution for using the pit bull triple tree front hybrid stand on these 959s?
Any pics? I have this stand on the way, so I will help you troubleshoot when I get it. Contact Pit Bull directly, they will have guidance for you.

·
Registered
592 Posts

I may get a set of these, swivels for the bottom of the forks, if it turns out to be too much trouble to use the headlift for routine tasks.

https://www.pit-bull.com/ducati-899-959/hybrid-swivels-pair-f0100-002

Pit Bull seems to make Ducati Specific front stands. Maybe that is the way to go.

https://www.pit-bull.com/hybrid-ducati-dual-lift-916-996-998-999-1098-1198-f0100-300

This thread may be of some benefit:

Recommendations on "head-lift" front stand - Ducati Forum

·
Registered
592 Posts
If course I got photos!

https://imgur.com/gallery/AUNfQ

Let me highlight one of the areas that make me cringe when I see it:
OUCH!

Picture 5 of the series (attached) shows serious deformation of the fairing.

Consider sending that pic to Pitbull and see what they recommend.

That stand should not be recommended for use with the 959 if such substantial fairing deformation is required.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Are you using the right pin size/length for the Panigale 959?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
WOW - Pictures 3 and 4 show the cracking of the clearcote... Not Good!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good eyes Dingo. PitBull's charts say 899/959 should use their 28s pin. I trusted it, and now I'm regretting that I used it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for noticing Dingo, after seeing that I decided to bundle up the photos and send a message to Pit Bull and see what they have to say.

:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Pit Bull website also recommends the #28 Short Pin for the 959.

https://www.pit-bull.com/pdf/fitting_chart_pins.pdf

In any case, the pin does not seem to be the problem, the issue is the angle between the frame upright and the horizontal arm to pin.

The Ducati specific stands are not recommended for the 959 for some reason, but they seem to have the geometry required to clear the fairing.

https://www.pit-bull.com/hybrid-ducati-headlift-front-stand-f0100-500?keyword=ducati front

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its 65 degrees here in Dallas, time to ride, and not worry about this.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
How old is your Pit-Bull front Stand?
The 28S pin does not work with older stands per Pit-Bull's website.

NOTE: Does not work on original Standard Front (discontinued in '02) or Newfront (discontinued in '12). Works with all other Pit Bull front stands.

This may perhaps be your issue.

BTW, I have the same pin but I have yet to use the upper portion of my front stand. If I had a grippe with Pit-Bull (and it would be the only one) is the lack of part number stamped on their products.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How old is your Pit-Bull front Stand?
The 28S pin does not work with older stands per Pit-Bull's website.

NOTE: Does not work on original Standard Front (discontinued in '02) or Newfront (discontinued in '12). Works with all other Pit Bull front stands.

This may perhaps be your issue.

BTW, I have the same pin but I have yet to use the upper portion of my front stand. If I had a grippe with Pit-Bull (and it would be the only one) is the lack of part number stamped on their products.
I inquired with Revzilla about this issue. Here is the response.

I have honestly never heard of that being an issue at all on the Ducati 959. It is possible that the pin he has is either the wrong pin, or was manufactured incorrectly, as the shoulder on that pin is part of what determines the height of the bike on the stand. It should be pin #28 (short), and if he has the wrong pin it would have an effect like the photos. If he got that stand from us, please have him reach out to us so that we can try and fix that.

Please let me know if I can help any further!

Colin

--
Colin L.
RevZilla.com
877-792-9455

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
@O_O
I looked-up the part number of the stand you bought and it seems alright.
Hybrid Headlift - Motorcycle Front Stand
Product Code: F0100-000

Having said that, Did you receive the right one? You may have received by mistake the one in @Pard post #15 which does not fit the 959.

The only other that does fits the Panigale 959 is this one:
Hybrid Dual Lift - Motorcycle Front Stand
Product Code: F0100-200

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My friend sent me this of his 959 panigale and the pitbull stand. Lookie how his is perfecto and mine is ... not-so-perfecto.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts