Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody managed to get rid of the terribly long squeeze necessary to get the front brake working.
I rode my dads Kawasaki and his front brake felt stiff and proper, and I am wondering why cant the one on the 959 feel like that.
They bled it on my 650 mile service, that was 2000 miles ago, its still spongy and has not improved at all.
So how have people managed to get a good front brake feel?
Swap out to M50 calipers?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Has anybody managed to get rid of the terribly long squeeze necessary to get the front brake working.
I rode my dads Kawasaki and his front brake felt stiff and proper, and I am wondering why cant the one on the 959 feel like that.
They bled it on my 650 mile service, that was 2000 miles ago, its still spongy and has not improved at all.
So how have people managed to get a good front brake feel?
Swap out to M50 calipers?
Sounds like you have some air in the system. Have you tried bleeding at the master cylinder? That usually does the trick. If not, you can do a reverse bleed which will remove any air in the system. I'm pretty certain your calipers are fine. These bike have great brake feel (aside from the ABS intrusion)

·
487 Posts
Sounds like a brake bleeding issue. Some other Panigale models have reported some issues with the master cylinders from the day they were purchased, might want to contact your dealer to get them to properly bleed your brakes, if it doesn't solve the issue, get them to check the M/C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts