Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After this last track day, I've pretty much decided I want to get a tune on the bike. But to get the most out of that would involve getting a full exhaust replacement. Last I checked, the full akrapovic was over $5,000. Are there other options now?

I'm in the US btw.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
84 Posts
My understanding is that the 959 has oversized headers and pipes because it shares the same parts as the 1299 and a slip-on will get you close to the same performance as a full system for less dough and a ton less work installing it.

t_bare

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My understanding is that the 959 has oversized headers and pipes because it shares the same parts as the 1299 and a slip-on will get you close to the same performance as a full system for less dough and a ton less work installing it.

t_bare
But if you only do a slip on, then you're still going to have the catalytic converter, correct?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The cat is in the muffler, so you will get rid of the cat and several pounds.

t_bare

Reactions: avigil

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've had my stock muffler off and they are heavy AF. The front exit Termignoni would be a good slip on to look at, or if you're cheap you can get a full titanium Akrapovic knock off from Vandemon for the price of a slip on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts