Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Full system akra for sale

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  TylerBertie 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Got my full titanium Akra for sale, looking at raising some funds to move house!

I can attach pics in the next few days, but it's seen about 10,000 miles. Needs a clean of course, but otherwise no scratches on it or anything. Got a small dink in the link pipe from where I hit it a bit hard with a rubber mallet trying to install the *******, but it's hidden behind the fairing when installed so not visible at all. Coloured up really nicely and I'll be very sad to see it go! Comes with the upmap key, CF heat shield, everything you'd get if you bought it brand new, but with a hefty saving!

The important bit: looking for around £2,000, but open to SENSIBLE offers. I'll discuss shipping with whoever wants to purchase it. UK based, but have no problem shipping globally for the right price. Best way to get me is to hit reply or email me at: tylerbertie96@gmail.com

Cheers guys

#2 · (Edited)
@TylerBertie
This is just my opinion and you may price it for whatever you feel but I wouldn't consider this a hefty saving. Not for Canada anyways.
We can buy a new full system here in Canada for about C$5,000 or less given a good relationship with the dealer.
At £2,000 x GBPCAD@1.82 equals C$3,640 which represents 73% of the price of a new full exhaust system.
Yours has 16,000kms on it. Then add several hundreds for shipping on top of this price.
Viewed differently, C$3,640 would buy you a brand new Akra slip-on here with no shipping or settlement risk involved.
As a result, you'll probably fare better selling it locally in the UK.

#3 ·
I see what you're saying bud. Canada get the full system dirt cheap in that case, they retail for just shy of £4,200 in the UK. As far as I'm aware, most of the rest of the world are on par with us in terms of pricing. I don't really see that the mileage it's done is too relevant if I'm being honest, titanium is incredibly hard wearing and I've looked after the whole bike well, not just the exhaust. Furthermore, the benefits of a full system rather than a slip on are too numerous to mention, you couldn't get a brand new slip-on kit in the UK for £2,000 retail, unless as you say your dealer were to be nice to you. Shipping isn't as expensive as you'd think, I get good rates at work so could send it global for less than £100 easily. I appreciate all your points, and for Canada, you're right, the saving is minimal, if any. But this isn't obviously aimed at any particular nation, otherwise the original post would be ten times as long I'm in no mad rush to sell, but I did say I'm open to offers, so I know I'm unlikely to see £2,000. All the best mate

#6 ·
Fits all model years, regardless of whether it's Euro or US spec my friend. I'll get onto pictures tonight!

Reactions: dougo1199
#5 ·
@TylerBertie
Hope you don't think I was adversarial or anything along those lines.
In UK pricing, your price makes more sense. UK is outrageously priced but you benefit from a strong currency.

#7 ·
No not at all my friend, for you Canadians the price makes no sense obviously, and that's actually good to know. But yeah, we pay through the nose here, annoyingly. Currency isn't as strong as it once was though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.