·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi All,

I can get a full 1199 TErmi kit Can #96450311B (https://amsducati.com/termignoni-ducati-1199-panigale-slip-on-exhaust) and headers #96480151A (https://amsducati.com/termignoni-ducati-1199-panigale-exhaust-manifolds-1393)

OR I Can get the Akraovic 96480771A

I can get both for the same price...

What to do? How much of a pain to fit the 1199 termi kit to the 959? How do i get up-map?

Advice please
There is no upmap for the 959 if you are using the Termignoni exhaust, whether it is slip on or full. It would require replacing your entire system, but the headers will match up without any modification. You would have to either flash your ECU or go with the RapidBike module.

The Akrapovic slipon is far easier and less work to install with some owners performing the work themselves. The upmap for the 959 comes in that kit and would require a quick trip to the dealer to have them apply it using the DDS if you don't have them perform the entire install.

You will not gain that much by going with the full system unless you are going to have the bike tuned on a dyno and then the results would be dependent on the shop doing the work. The stock headers flow well and are larger on the 959 than on the 899, which flow equally well related to the engine.

Be sure to consider a replacement filter at the same time to adjust for the increased flow of air. Sprint is one recommendation to consider.

Reactions: U2DMNSLO

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
At the same price, the Akra is much easier and does not necessitate any ecu flash or fuel controller as @sinjin mentioned.
Although both are overpriced for essentially just sound and bling, the Termi is grossly over-priced as a 5 year old part. Lighter wheels would be money better spent IMHO.

Reactions: U2DMNSLO

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi All,

I can get a full 1199 TErmi kit Can #96450311B (https://amsducati.com/termignoni-ducati-1199-panigale-slip-on-exhaust) and headers #96480151A (https://amsducati.com/termignoni-ducati-1199-panigale-exhaust-manifolds-1393)

I can get both for the same price...

What to do? How much of a pain to fit the 1199 termi kit to the 959? How do i get up-map?

Advice please

I have been mulling the same decision but I think I am going to go with the full 1199 termi with Rapidbike and dyno. I really like the look of Akras but don't want to have to take it to the dealer to install the up-map kit. Plus with the rapidbike, you will have more control.

·
Registered
391 Posts
My 2 cents is the do the Akra slips, DP is using them for a reason.

*Sorry to be slightly off topic, does anyone know what teh weight savings is btwn the akra slips and the full system...? Meaning the weight of the slip ons and stock headers etc vs the weight of the full system..?

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 2 cents is the do the Akra slips, DP is using them for a reason.

*Sorry to be slightly off topic, does anyone know what teh weight savings is btwn the akra slips and the full system...? Meaning the weight of the slip ons and stock headers etc vs the weight of the full system..?
I am not sold on the Akras over the Termis but I would go with the full Akras if I had the coin. The BSB teams are still using Termis for racing. Here is what I found regarding the weight savings for the Akra for the stock system.

Stock Akra Difference
Weight kg 11.3 6.5 - 4.8
lb 24.9 14.3 - 10.6
% - - - 42.5

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am not sold on the Akras over the Termis but I would go with the full Akras if I had the coin. The BSB teams are still using Termis for racing. Here is what I found regarding the weight savings for the Akra for the stock system.

Stock Akra Difference
Weight kg 11.3 6.5 - 4.8
lb 24.9 14.3 - 10.6
% - - - 42.5
Thanks man
What i am wondering though is what is the weight difference between a system with akra slips (headers stock), and a full akra system
I guess essentially what is the weight difference btwn stock and akra headers/mid pipe etc..

BSB also FULL termi support with their setups and little to none of that tech reaches the end consumer product...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks man
What i am wondering though is what is the weight difference between a system with akra slips (headers stock), and a full akra system
I guess essentially what is the weight difference btwn stock and akra headers/mid pipe etc..

BSB also FULL termi support with their setups and little to none of that tech reaches the end consumer product...
You can refer to this as a reference as they are essentially the same as the DP kit.

Akrapovi?

Unless you are going to replace the headers with Ti, which the Termignoni is not (being SS), you wil only reduce your weight by a minimal amount compared to the difference between the stock and the slipon which drops the bulk from removing the cats.

Going with a full Ti system has substantial weight benefits, however you will be far better off applying that extra $$$ towards lighter wheels. The stock wheels are relatively heavy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can refer to this as a reference as they are essentially the same as the DP kit.

Akrapovi?

Unless you are going to replace the headers with Ti, which the Termignoni is not (being SS), you wil only reduce your weight by a minimal amount compared to the difference between the stock and the slipon which drops the bulk from removing the cats.

Going with a full Ti system has substantial weight benefits, however you will be far better off applying that extra $$$ towards lighter wheels. The stock wheels are relatively heavy.
Thanks guys... I think I am not explaining things correctly. I have a bike with AKRA slips, jsut out of curiosity I am wondering how much lighter a full akra Ti system is..? No big deal, @sinjin I hear you loud and clear!! I have BSTs

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks guys... I think I am not explaining things correctly. I have a bike with AKRA slips, jsut out of curiosity I am wondering how much lighter a full akra Ti system is..? No big deal, @sinjin I hear you loud and clear!! I have BSTs
Well, the slip on saves approximately 5.5 lbs on the 1199 and the full Ti saves 10.6 lbs on the 1199, so the headers save an additional 5 lbs over just the slipons. The 959 and 1199 headers aren't the same weight as they are slightly different sizes, however the numbers should be close enough to give you an idea of the ROI.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well, the slip on saves approximately 5.5 lbs on the 1199 and the full Ti saves 10.6 lbs on the 1199, so the headers save an additional 5 lbs over just the slipons. The 959 and 1199 headers aren't the same weight as they are slightly different sizes, however the numbers should be close enough to give you an idea of the ROI.

Thanks man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That's good information gents but it drifted somewhat from the OP's question:
Full Termi from 1199 or Akra Slip-on? where the headers on the Termi 1199 are Stainless (not Titanium).

·
Registered
439 Posts
I thought that most of the forum members that were going to give timely advice had already... I certainly hope the OP isn't going to wait too much longer before making a decision.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I thought that most of the forum members that were going to give timely advice had already... I certainly hope the OP isn't going to wait too much longer before making a decision.
LOL, I know. Looking for a verdict from the OP also.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hi All,

I can get both for the same price...Advice please
Upon further examination, there are some potential material errors and omissions in your selection to make an equitable comparison.

1) The Akrapovic 96480771A fits a 1299 "Y" pipe which may not fit the 959. Do check-into this.
I believe the right part number for an Akrapovic slip-On that fits the 959 is 96481081A
2) The Termignoni kit above would require the additional support of a fuel controller such as a Rapidbike as it does not come with an appropriate UpMap for the 959.

Consequently, your US Dealer* choices could be summarized approximately as follows:

Akrapovic 959 Slip-On 96481081A (with Up-Map key): $3900
Termignoni 1199 Full System with SS headers and a Rapidbike: $4200
Akrapovic 1199 Full Titanium System and a Rapidbike: $4500
Akrapovic 959 Full Titanium System (with Up-Map key) : $5200

Personally, for that price to benefit ratio, I would prefer buying lighter wheels plus some suspension upgrade.
However, If I were to choose among these exhaust choices from a US dealer*, I'd choose the Akrapovic 1199 Full Titanium System plus Rapidbike at approximately $4500 through @MotoMillion. He can probably even price it better than that as a combined sale for 959panigale.net members.

* Ebay prices on some of these may be substantially different and could materially affect your selection decision.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Upon further examination, there are some potential material errors and omissions in your selection to make an equitable comparison.

1) The Akrapovic 96480771A fits a 1299 "Y" pipe which may not fit the 959. Do check-into this.
I believe the right part number for an Akrapovic slip-On that fits the 959 is 96481081A
I looked into this via eBay. I looked up both 96480771A and 96481081A auctions and both kits include all the same exact part numbers for the mufflers and the Y adapter. So I would assume that the only difference between the two part numbers is the up-map key.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
What's the benefit of the Rapidbike over the Ducati Up-Map?

The UpMap is a one-time flash of the ECU - one map to load. The RapidBike unit allows you to make modifications to the map and load it as many times as you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The UpMap is a one-time flash of the ECU - one map to load. The RapidBike unit allows you to make modifications to the map and load it as many times as you like.

I concur.
Between the Upmap and the Rapidbike, the latter is much more flexible to mods and portability.
It's a beautifully designed unit where the software will allow the rider to fine tune the fueling.
I may use mine left over from my Panigale on my new Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak when I disconnect the exhaust valve.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts