Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys (and girls of course!),

First time posting here, hope you can help me a little. I have what looks and smells like a gas leak somewhere on top as there is some residues left on a part in front of the tank. I've taken a picture to better explains it. I was just wondering if someone else already had this problem before I lift the tank to go and check deeper. My bike is a 2016

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Take off the tank and see where it's coming from!! By the looks of the picture the bike isn't well kept. I'd only be speculating on where the gas is coming from. Could be a broken weld on the tank or the seal to the airbox is messed up or the vertical injector tubing is squirting out for some reason... you'll see when you take the tank off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I though so.. I was just trying to see if there was something else to be done before that but I guess I'll have to. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are two lines that come out of the tank on that side for an over flow. Clean the air box with a cleaner first. Drain the tank down a gallon and take it for a ride and see if it is still getting wet. If it is dry then it is the hose where the two lines connect. The tanks are good welding and I don't believe it is a weld but who knows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Place a piece of plastic wrap over the fill hole along with a rubber band. Slosh the epoxy around and drain the tank. Allow the epoxy to cure for at least a day before replacing the tank and filling it. If there is still a leak do the procedure again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@verticalroll - I've had the right weld crack within the first 4 months of ownership. Dealer replaced the tank, no hassle.

@ObiWanKen - what did you find???
Nothing so far, I haven't had time to do anything on her, with the return to work and everything she's resting in my driveway for the time being. I'll post an update when I'll have the answer, and btw thanks to all for your responses

1 - 7 of 7 Posts