Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so after some semi-thorough investigation of the top of the heads for loose bolts and such, I found this... take a close look at the pics - it "appears" that the tank is sweating out some gas at the Right Hinge weld... Has anyone else seen this under their tank?

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Is this dried fluid or still wet?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more dried than wet... the dark mass in the line is from having the tank propped up

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Interesting. Keep us posted on your dealer and DNA support process...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stopped by the dealer and showed the chief mechanic the pictures. I have it documented he said, clean it and take another pic, then see if it comes back and take another pic - that's the process for warranty replacement if it comes back after cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE

Ducati has approved a new tank under warranty. I get it installed on the 26th.

Question: Is the original part mine to keep?
What's the policy on warranty repair items? Anyone know?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'd just ask the dealer what they're specifically doing with it. You hoping to keep and refurb it?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I'm hoping I can keep it for a track tank...

·
Registered
28 Posts
its says in the fine print that any parts replaced under warranty are their property...

they probably further investigate incidences like this especially if its a rare occurence.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, I didn't have a fighting chance, even IF they did have another tank they could submit... mine was going with them no matter what!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts