Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did an early season (super wet & cold) track day here in sunny Scotland. Had an issue late in the day when trying to shift down into a first gear hairpin. Bike was stuck in gear and couldn’t downshift. Over cooked the entry into the corner a number of times so a little uneasy.

Checked the Bike out afterwards & discovered the gear shift linkage was bone dry with no lube applied.

Easy fix as the bushing is protected by an ‘o’-ring either side so cleaned out the gunk and applied some decent lube (Phil Wood Waterproof grease). Shifting is now slicker than ever so worth keeping an eye on this. You can disconnect the shift lever only to get into this area so a five minute job. Just remove the retaining screw and keep an eye out for the two ‘o’-rings and single washer either side of the bushing which remains in place.

:wink2:

· Registered
593 Posts
Did an early season (super wet & cold) track day here in sunny Scotland. Had an issue late in the day when trying to shift down into a first gear hairpin. Bike was stuck in gear and couldn’t downshift. Over cooked the entry into the corner a number of times so a little uneasy.

Checked the Bike out afterwards & discovered the gear shift linkage was bone dry with no lube applied.

Easy fix as the bushing is protected by an ‘o’-ring either side so cleaned out the gunk and applied some decent lube (Phil Wood Waterproof grease). Shifting is now slicker than ever so worth keeping an eye on this. You can disconnect the shift lever only to get into this area so a five minute job. Just remove the retaining screw and keep an eye out for the two ‘o’-rings and single washer either side of the bushing which remains in place.

:wink2:
Do you have a picture or diagram of the linkage you are describing? Are you referring to the splined shaft that attaches to the case or the linkage rod to the rearset?

· Registered
894 Posts
I think he's referring to the bolt that attaches the shifter to the rear set. That's the only place I recall that has o-rings on it.

Mine was never seized up, but I remember it was packed with a mix of red threadlocker and grease from the factory, so I'd believe that it could have seized up there.

Attachments

Reactions: Pard
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.