Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
New 959 owner. Only done 650km, so still limited on RPM but:smile2:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Hi - congrats fellow owner! What color u get? What have you been riding?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You still have your 899?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum! You still have your 899?
No, I sold her. It was a Hard decision to make. Had no problems with the 899 after running 16'000km. Absolutely loved the bike.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Welcome!

What immediate differences stand out to you between the two?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome!

What immediate differences stand out to you between the two?
Giddy mate,

Differences that I have noticed......
1/ better grip on the standard rearsets.
2/ no signs of pins and needles in my right hand.:wink2: (maybe it's the 4mm drop in the swing arm ?)
3/ the gearing feels better. Even tho I'm still breaking in the motor, it feels like having more mid range power, it's not stuck between gears.What I mean by that is, on the 899 it felt like at 100km/h in 4th gear it was revving high, but at 100km/h in 5th gear, it was struggling.ya no what I mean?. The solution to that was to ride at 120/130km/h in 5th:grin2:

The bike is back with the dealer at the moment with a cracked bottom radiator. I hope it's not the start of more to come?
They are Experiencing problems with loose hose clamps on the radiators, which they first thought was the problem with mine, but further investigating found a crack. All covered under warranty.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the site! What are the mods so far? :)
Haven't done much as yet.
I've had the bike completely covered in Venture Shield.
Purchased front, rear fenders and chain guard in carbon thro SSR (Sling Shot Racing).
The front has gone on and fits and looks awesome.
The rear needs some moderfications to make it fit and the chain guard sits on a pretty ugly angle to the chain. So that's in the process of discussions with SSR at the mo.
I've replaced the original seat with a comfort seat.
Top and bottom radiator guards have been put on.
A Ram mount has been put on to take my radar detector and I've installed a few other goodies to try and stop me from loosing my license!..........if u know what I mean.......enough said.
I've got a mate making up some decals for the side fairings.
I also negotiated a tail bag with the bike purchase. Ducati (Italy) have just said it is ready to be distributed to dealers for sale and it looks like a goodie (19 litre) and converts into a backpack/day bag. I had one on the 899 and it was an awesome accessory to have on the bike for day trips and overnight rides.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Glad to hear DNA has got your back. Hope it gets sorted quickly and you're riding again soon.

As for gearing, I noticed the same conservatism at commuting speeds and went with a 14t front.

It feels like I bought another bike. For $35 and an hour or two worth of labor, I'd recommend trying it.

Reactions: PAN959

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
...I also negotiated a tail bag with the bike purchase. Ducati (Italy) have just said it is ready to be distributed to dealers for sale and it looks like a goodie (19 litre) and converts into a backpack/day bag...
I saw it on a bike at the dealer last month and decided IF I Need a bag, that's the one to get. The down side was the price, I recall $3-hundred-change :frown2: for a little bag...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw it on a bike at the dealer last month and decided IF I Need a bag, that's the one to get. The down side was the price, I recall $3-hundred-change :frown2: for a little bag...
I haven't seen it on a bike as yet, only as a single picture on a website. I recall the tail bag for the 899 wasn't cheap either.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts