Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Everyone has a taste of their own.... This one is definitely not for me. Don't like the combination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
not my taste either... I'm trying to get Marchesini to polish a set of their magnesium wheels for me... cross fingers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
looks great with the gold wheels,might be better getting oz gold wheels rather than powdered coated,lighter than standard too

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't recall asking anyone's opinion. Please reread original post for a refresher. No need to comment on your personal tastes. Move on.

·
487 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't recall asking anyone's opinion. Please reread original post for a refresher. No need to comment on your personal tastes. Move on.

Wow dude, sorry!

I agree you should look at Yamahas wheels, they had two gold wheels one with a bit of an olive tint.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Let me correct myself, it was a total oversight. I will start by focusing on your questions.... No I have not powder coated my wheels Gold... Sorry I do not know the paint code and the reason why is because I don't like that color on the wheels.

It also comes to mind that you have a poor choice in words and poor people skills in directing yourself toward the public. Please.... let me remind you that you don't have to ask for my opinion. I willingly provided it for you. Do realize that forums are open for discussion and people will have different ideas and opinions on the matter OR on the pictures/video posted.

Good Day

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Let me correct myself, it was a total oversight. I will start by focusing on your questions.... No I have not powder coated my wheels Gold... Sorry I do not know the paint code and the reason why is because I don't like that color on the wheels.

It also comes to mind that you have a poor choice in words and poor people skills in directing yourself toward the public. Please.... let me remind you that you don't have to ask for my opinion. I willingly provided it for you. Do realize that forums are open for discussion and people will have different ideas and opinions on the matter OR on the pictures/video posted.

Good Day

I disagree with you. I asked about the paint code. You were the first poster and voiced your unwarranted displeasure. I didn't ask for it.

I am on FerrariChat and when things don't apply to us, we move on. IOW, we answer questions that pertain to the original poster. I didn't ask. "What do you think?" Often I don't like someone's choice for modifications but I don't say anything unless they specifically ask.

We would have called you out on that forum as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I disagree with you. I asked about the paint code. You were the first poster and voiced your unwarranted displeasure. I didn't ask for it.

I am on FerrariChat and when things don't apply to us, we move on. IOW, we answer questions that pertain to the original poster. I didn't ask. "What do you think?" Often I don't like someone's choice for modifications but I don't say anything unless they specifically ask.

We would have called you out on that forum as well.

LOL.... Ok Mr. FerrariChat. Obviously you just don't get. It's a forum and on the forums when you post something it is open for discussion. That allows answers to questions and voiced opinions on the matter while maintaining a level of respect for other users. I was never disrespectful toward you in my original post nor toward anyone else regardless of your sarcasm. You my friend are lacking people skills which explains the lack of skills in communicating with the public online or in person. You have to accept the good with the bad not everyone has to agree with you. After all people do voice their opinions.

With that said.... I will go with that last part of your prior reply and move on. I was just trying to help you improve your people skills. Try interacting with the public a little more Grasshopper.... it will improve your personality in a good way.

Good luck on getting the answers on the paint code you seek.

Best Regards

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nothing for you to apologize for. Your comment was positive.

I understand your perspective however, being a part of different forums I have found that they all have different cultures, for a lack of better terms. I thought the comments were pretty typical for a forum. If they had made stronger statements, perhaps "that's a terrible idea and it would be ugly. Go get a gixxer to ruin!" I would agree a bit more with you.

As far as I'm concerned if you do not want my opinion on matters that's cool with me.

In the meantime I would consider magnesium wheels.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Gentlemen,

This a public message board which is only as successful as the active participants within.

@blackbolt22
I too am a member of a multitude of different forums. They are all different for better or worse. There is no standard operating procedure among them all; recognize those differences. That said, a little tact goes a long way among your co-members. I know the frustration when you're a man on a mission. In the future, try something like, "thanks for your input guys but can we stay on track?" You're part of a community, not king of the castle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
That is good advice and I will try to have more patience with the members here. I am unaccustomed to smart alec useless comments when I'm merely asking a question. BTW I'm getting a lot of that vibe on this forum. Even my GF noticed. Name calling for good measure. I'll just place every smart A## on IGNORE. My life is good, I don't need the negativity.

I didn't ask if anyone likes gold wheels. So why bother posting your obvious displeasure of something that doesn't even pertain to you?

If something doesn't apply to you just please move on.

Thank you for all the constructive comments so far.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
It's very rare that people are all business on forums. It's a place where people like to joke and unwind and throw a little sarcasm and satire around. I'm a member of over 15 different message boards from various hobbies at various times in my life. Platforms that have been around a lot longer like the 1199, tend to lean more business like when you need them to. Everyone here has had their bike for 10 months at most; probably fewer than 5 have completed their 7500 mile service... we are all still learning this bike as we go so you're not going to get a lot of definitive answers, mostly collaborative bits to get you where you need. One of the great things about a thread staying active with opinions is that it keeps it at the top of the chart; free advertising so to speak so that when one of the hundreds of "lurkers" sees it and has the answer you seek, they can post.

A general motorcycle questions like you posed or at best, a general Panigale question, may have been best for the 1199 forum where a factory model exists with an oem color code. Here, it's custom only and I'd expect answers that draw on experience from other bikes and customization shops; not unlike the answers you did receive.

In short, opinions aren't a bad thing. You're a grown *** man, I don't need to tell you that you've succeeded through the opinion/feedback/advice of others at some point in your life. If I'm wrong, then I'll buy your book once it's published so I can get my *** on FerrariChat ;-)

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
That is good advice and I will try to have more patience with the members here. I am unaccustomed to smart alec useless comments when I'm merely asking a question. BTW I'm getting a lot of that vibe on this forum. Even my GF noticed. Name calling for good measure. I'll just place every smart A## on IGNORE. My life is good, I don't need the negativity.

I didn't ask if anyone likes gold wheels. So why bother posting your obvious displeasure of something that doesn't even pertain to you?

If something doesn't apply to you just please move on.

Thank you for all the constructive comments so far.
I replied to your post before you changed it. I'll quote this time...

One thing about taking the high road is that YOU'RE NOT if you need to get the last jab in.

I'm closing this thread since there is obviously nothing valuable to be had here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.