Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's finally happened. After 9 weeks of the bike being in the shop with a major electrical problem that was unable to be fixed. The dealership has decided to refund my money - all I can say is thank Christ that saga is over. Never again Ducati and it pains me to say that. They make good bike, great bikes. But the reilablilty of mine, or lack there of will never see me own another one again.

On the bright side the dealership gave me their demo '16 ZX10r for a week (had a 3/4 arrow exhaust and custom tune to match). All I could say was wow. Power like nothing else, comfortable, no heat! And best of all it started first go every time. Loved it soo much I bought a winter edition.

So long Ducati - it was fun while it lasted but you are far too fickle for my liking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
@MileyCyrus
Sad to read you had unresolvable issues. Hope it will be a smile generator for you going forward. Best to you.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Congrats on that new ZX-10R, they are great machines and a totally different experience from the 959. I enjoy both but it's like they are from different planets for sure.

Reactions: dougo1199

·
Registered
93 Posts
It took me 5 years to get over the sting of my 1098S issues. I went 5 months without a bike. The ZX-10R is a fantastic machine, enjoy!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I love my 09 zx6r and when I got my 959 the krt zx10r was at the top of my list but I ended up going Italian even after owning an Mv Agusta.

·
Registered
113 Posts
:frown2: Sorry to hear that, lemons exist in all brands. I would have asked for another new 959, what are the chances that you would encounter another epic electrical issue? But hey, at the end of the day, is whatever makes us happy. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I ended up going Italian even after owning an Mv Agusta.
My 1098S was one of the worst bike failures I had in over 40 years, until the MV I bought last year. The lack of parts support made it impossible to own. Back on a Ducati and happy...so far. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
My 1098S was one of the worst bike failures I had in over 40 years, until the MV I bought last year. The lack of parts support made it impossible to own. Back on a Ducati and happy...so far. :)
You can be unlucky, Iv'e had a dream run with Ducati. 749 - ST4s - 996sps Pista - 1200 Multi - 1100 Hypermotard - 1098 - 899 - and now a 959 from the auctions (this may be the first nightmare). I cane the absolute "F" out of them as God intended.

A couple of things have stopped them at times but nothing really other than relays etc that come to mind.

·
Registered
215 Posts
an MV Agusta really creates a distrust of Italian electronics. Both you and I understand that, the guys on the F3 boards have yet to learn... lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can be unlucky, Iv'e had a dream run with Ducati. 749 - ST4s - 996sps Pista - 1200 Multi - 1100 Hypermotard - 1098 - 899 - and now a 959 from the auctions (this may be the first nightmare). I cane the absolute "F" out of them as God intended.

A couple of things have stopped them at times but nothing really other than relays etc that come to mind.
My 1098S was not a Ducati caused issue. I put 20,000 hard miles on it in 11 months. I decided to have some work done, heads...Nikasil by Millenium...and a LOT of other goodies. 200 miles into the break-in of the new motor it blew up, caused by the tech that did the work. After 5 months the bike still wasn't right and I got tired of dealing with it so I dumped it and got an RSV4 Factory.

·
Registered
93 Posts
BTW, here's one of the things that went bad on my MV. This was at 2,400 miles, just over a month of riding it.

Yes, that used to be a clutch basket.

·
Registered
204 Posts
BTW, here's one of the things that went bad on my MV. This was at 2,400 miles, just over a month of riding it.

**** that is bad.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts

What caused it to fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
@ TheX, bummer, sorry to see that.

@ Mileycyrus, went with the KRT addition myself, beautiful bike but I'm still faster on my old '11 model, the new one hits crazy hard around 9000rpm, arm stretching hard, the '11 is just so smoooooth and easy to ride.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Yep, my '11 ZX-10R is one of my favorite all time sportbikes, smooth and quick with sublime handling and almost plush suspension. The '16 is a different animal for sure and requires a steady hand to get the most out of it, a real expert's machine that needs the talent of a Sykes or Rea.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
@Kruz - I'm looking at both your pics of your Kawis' and do I have this right... they haven't changed the subframe at all in over 6 years in that even the exhaust hanger is exactly the same? They look nearly identical!?!?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts