Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Goodbye mirrors!

19K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Dingo 
#1 ·
Received and installed the NRC Mirror block off plates. They are plug and play and they are bright just like their fender eliminator kit.

That said, this is the most poorly designed, assembled and sold motorcycle accessory I have purchased in the last 10 years. I would not recommend them to anyone and if I weren't a cheap *******, I'd buy the DP block offs and nix the front signals.

The CRG arrow mirror is just shy of completely useless. When positioned where it is functional, it interferes with the OEM clutch level. With shorties, it will not be a problem.

The look is cleaned up and it' that much closer to being track ready.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I tried it below and line of sight is completely blocked by my wrist.

Throttle side requires the CRG bar end adapter.

I agree about NRC products being a major disappointment. I accepted the FEK because the signals are bright and it's subtle in appearance. These however standout because their on either side of the windscreen. They look like ****. VERY clearly hand assembled.

The aluminum DP plates are only available in matte silver which I'm not a fan of on the red and black bike. I guess we'll see what else becomes available.

#14 ·
#17 ·
I put on the NRC block offs same as you and also the fender eliminator. I love the mirror blockoffs with signals. Absolutely love them. I bought the 1299 fender eliminator for my 959 and... it didn't fit although its claimed it does with the name being '1299/959' in the item name. I did custom machining of the part and got it to fit after 8 hours of part developing revision. The NRCs are plug and play though which is extremely nice.

#20 ·
Has anyone found a decent looking/functioning set of mirror block offs yet?

#27 ·
I have NRC Mirror block off plates and CRG arrow bar end in my bike, too.

The CRG arrow bar end works perfect for me with CRG bar end mount, no interfering with the OEM clutch lever (https://scontent.fhan2-2.fna.fbcdn....=0ff92e3dcf47f92130fafed8b13de3ae&oe=5940EE3D).

Actually, I wouldn't go with NRC Mirror block off plates if the OEM mirrors can be folded :smile2: Another issue with OEM mirrors, they're too vibrated. the CRG arrow bar end give me smaller looking space but it is not vibrated. I'm quite satisfied with this combo, the looks and the functionality.

#29 ·
It's the cheapness I have a problem with. They look terrible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.