Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was some discussion a while ago and at least one person has said he/she wanted to talk to his/her dealer but I haven't seen any update yet. I am still considering a full Akra system...but certainly not for $5.1k.

Having said that, since even 10% off is still a large amount of dollar bills, I am just gauging interest for a possible group buy. So...if you are interested, please post up and let me know at what price point you would be in for one.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'd be interested, but probably more towards the slip-ons. That said, if the pricing was right on the full system I would entertain it.

For it to make sense for me, the slip-ons would have to be under $2k, and the full system would need to be in the $2.5k or less range.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd be down for 3k. Which isn't unheard of. I've seen dealerships do group buys in that range for other models.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Akra is a bit bonkers with their current pricing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
So the one on revzilla won't work as its for the 1199 it even said on the page saying that this system was fitted on a 1199 and that being said it will not fit 959 or 1299 , now from my understanding since akra signed with Ducati
(and this is what moto wheel told me in an email)
That they can no longer get the system due to contracts with Ducati ....

But I might still be able to get a great deal like 4K for full system and or cheaper

·
Registered
150 Posts
3k?!? Yes please! Seems very unrealistic though.
I saw a deal from Ducati Omaha where they did a group buy for 3.3k for the 1199. So we aren't far off. But I don't know what those systems cost back then.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Would you have to remember is that when the 1199 was out Decoty didn't have a contract with Akra so of course they were going to be cheaper but now that they are exclusive to Ducati prices are expensive

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like it's $4k on Revzilla, it would need to be significantly cheaper for me to be interested...but if it was, i would buy it.
Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust System Ducati Panigale 899 / 1199 / 1299 - RevZilla
So the one on revzilla won't work as its for the 1199 it even said on the page saying that this system was fitted on a 1199 and that being said it will not fit 959 or 1299 , now from my understanding since akra signed with Ducati
That they can no longer get the system due to contracts with Ducati ....

But I might still be able to get a great deal like 4K for full system and or cheaper
This is essentially the same exhaust minus the up-map that comes with the Ducati-branded one. The 1199 has the same header size as the 959 and 1299 and hence the exhaust will fit (most 1299 owners are actually using that one since it is $1.5k cheaper).

Having said that, while the exhaust work with the stock ECU, I usually like to tune the bike whenever I get a full exhaust on it. Add a PCV or any other control unit and you are not far off from what I am thinking to get the DP Akra system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And a general note...unless we are getting a 100 people, prices will never get down to $2.5-$3k range. The problem with the DP one is simply that not only Akra wants to make a fairly healthy margin but also Ducati as mentioned previously.

The alternative is to look into a group buy of the non-DP-branded one as outlined in my previous post. But then again, the option of the included up-map has some benefits to me...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[...]now from my understanding since akra signed with Ducati
That they can no longer get the system due to contracts with Ducati .... [...]
Correct. It is only available through authorized Ducati dealers.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
This is essentially the same exhaust minus the up-map that comes with the Ducati-branded one. The 1199 has the same header size as the 959 and 1299 and hence the exhaust will fit (most 1299 owners are actually using that one since it is $1.5k cheaper).

Having said that, while the exhaust work with the stock ECU, I usually like to tune the bike whenever I get a full exhaust on it. Add a PCV or any other control unit and you are not far off from what I am thinking to get the DP Akra system.
From my understanding, the 1199 header size is smaller than the 1299 / 959. I don't believe they are interchangeable. The 1299 systems (Termi / Akra) will physically fit the 959, but as you mentioned, there is no engine map for the 959 unless you purchase the specific 959 Akra system. Which they have priced through the roof due to the reasons mentioned in previous posts.

I paid less than $2k for my full Termi Ti system on my 1199, so I just don't see how they expect to get that much more for the Akra system. We are being held hostage by Ducati and Arka. lol!

IMO, unless we can get the Akra system within that range, I suggest we look at other alternatives.

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dougo1199- that's correct our header size is bigger , plus if you go with the Ducati branded one they have baffles and cats installed in them they are not the full race version ...

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Dougo1199- that's correct our header size is bigger , plus if you go with the Ducati branded one they have baffles and cats installed in them they are not the full race version ...
That's an interesting point! I did not know that. My Termi system does not have the baffles or cats.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From my understanding, the 1199 header size is smaller than the 1299 / 959. I don't believe they are interchangeable.
The header size of the 899 was different (55mm). The header size of the 1199 is the same as the 959/1299 (60mm).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check again , I've talked to hella different places and all said then same 1199 won't fit 1299 which wouldn't fit 959

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Check again , I've talked to hella different places and all said then same 1199 won't fit 1299 which wouldn't fit 959
Alright, I guess I see where my confusion comes from. I am talking about the full exhaust header size not the stock one. I understood they didn't change anything between the 1199 and 1299 in that regard but I guess I am wrong (I only look into full exhausts so never really bother with stock headers).

Either way, even if the stock header size is smaller, the full Akra exhaust for the 1199 will fit the 1299 and hence will fit the 959. The Akra slip-ons for the 1199 then, however, will not fit the 1299 and hence will not fit the 959.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[...] plus if you go with the Ducati branded one they have baffles and cats installed in them they are not the full race version ...
You have a reference for that? Ducati advertises it as "the most advanced complete racing exhaust system" (and doesn't have any technical specifications) and I just asked my engine builder and he also said there is no catalytic converter in the full system...

Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
So to my understanding the collector are different between the 1199 and 1299 but feel free to test ,
The Ducati branded ones are the same exact setup
As the panigale R , plus company can not sell any setup that's not street legal with there logo so this means there are cats and its in the muffler not the header pipes just like the the cats are in the tips on stock exhaust ...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts