Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody else have issue with rear wheel lift when braking hard in track conditions?
I have a friend that struggle with the same problem on his 899.

I come from a CBR 600 RR where i was used to brake hard having my rear sliding sideways, but the 959 Corse i have tends to scare me as the rear wheel really wants to UP and I'm not even using full brake power! (or maybe am it? for sure my front tire can take more)
This is of course slowing down my lap times and is starting to annoy me quite a bit.

Im running brembo RC pads that have quite a good bite, my preload in the fork is quite tight with standard spring rate and im upgrading to 10.5N/mm in the next weeks hoping to solve this problem. ABS 1, DTC 1, EBC 1

Any other experience/feedback is very appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
The 959's are shipped soft in the fork and stiff in the rear. They do need a little work before being ready for serious track duty.

I run my bike with ABS off, EBC3, and DTC 2 with a fresh slick and bump it to 3 when the tire gets a little sketchy and /or track gets HOT. I've got "Race" set ABS0 EBC3 DTC2 and "Sport" ABS0 EBC3 DTC3 so I can easily change when needed.

t_bare

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im running brembo RC pads that have quite a good bite, my preload in the fork is quite tight with standard spring rate and im upgrading to 10.5N/mm in the next weeks hoping to solve this problem. ABS 1, DTC 1, EBC 1
EBC1 is the highest amount of engine brake. Even though that braking force is not being applied to the front brakes, it's still contributing to that shift in your center of gravity under braking. Might try running less engine brake and see if it helps any. You'll have to apply more front brake, but you might see better control.

You should also see quicker lap times even if your braking hasn't improved much, because EBC is still actively slowing you down any time you're not into the throttle, even if you aren't touching the brakes. A slight roll-off for a corner you don't have to apply much brake for, or even any brake for, the EBC is still slowing you until you roll back on the throttle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
EBC1 is the highest amount of engine brake. Even though that braking force is not being applied to the front brakes, it's still contributing to that shift snip...
O.P. Posted and went AWOL. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts