Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me any feed back on this. I understand that the bike can get pretty hot and that at times maybe quite uncomfortable.

None the less, I purchased my first Panigale Monday and I pick it up in two days. I've been reading through some of the threads and I'm very new here.

So I'm looking to see what options I have to reduce the heat issue everyone talks about. So I'm looking to get leathers and see what other options may help.

My question is.... Does the passenger feel the same heat problem? My fiance will eventually be riding with me, so just looking to see if we need to be concerned for passengers also reference the heat.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
don't sweat it Mike - when you get it out on the road, just remember what it's intended to do and you won't notice you're sitting on an engine block! The only time I noticed it was in 102 degree heat doing less than 30 for a minute or two before I passed a couple cars.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Can someone give me any feed back on this. I understand that the bike can get pretty hot and that at times maybe quite uncomfortable.

None the less, I purchased my first Panigale Monday and I pick it up in two days. I've been reading through some of the threads and I'm very new here.

So I'm looking to see what options I have to reduce the heat issue everyone talks about. So I'm looking to get leathers and see what other options may help.

My question is.... Does the passenger feel the same heat problem? My fiance will eventually be riding with me, so just looking to see if we need to be concerned for passengers also reference the heat.

Thanks in advance.
Mike
If it's not too late, buy a Multistrada instead if you intend to double up.

Reactions: Ghettobird

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
As an afterthought, since you are starting a life long commitment, your fiancée should have her own ride. Real women ride their own. Consider having two bikes that you like and can afford.

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
@Spanishcop
This is your fiancée's comfort and needs we are discussing here. Ask her for her opinion. If she doesn't want to ride, that's fine, but then offer her a seat that's more comfortable than a rubber piece the size of a tampax. Give her some options and she'll love you more for it. She's the future mother of your children after all.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm extremely moved by that story. You have a powerful partner to be and I wish you well. The 959 is a gorgeous bike with many attributes, but there are others best suited for couples. That's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Wish you well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fiance went for a ride and no complaints about heat. It seems just directly with primary rider. But it hasn't really been bad at all. Atleast so far. I haven't went through hot summer yet. Buts it's not bad at all right now.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello, this information was really helpful.

Jennifer, I think the concern is not the heat for the passenger in the back but rather soreness in the crotch area. My fiance stated it was not comfortable at all. So if you do ride double, make sure you get dibs on driving!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is a link to my intro gives a little background as to how we came about the bike....

She's considering the thought of getting her own. But for now, we have this beauty to pay off and she loves this bike.

Mike
yea, but she's definitely not going to like being on the passenger seat for any length of time...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Interesting. My wife is a real woman and doesn't ride at all. She supports my riding street and track.
There's two possible persons on a bike: the pillion and the rider.
Real woman "that ride"...ride their own. The word "Ride" is the operative word here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts