Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I'm what you would call a Ducati virgin! Never thought I would own one until 3 days ago. Anyways, I am also new to this forum. I have been riding for over 25 years and have owned many different bikes in many different sizes. I use to race out of Willow Springs in SoCal but my sponsors (Amex and Mastercard/Visa) gave up on me. I still do some track days once in a while. But I do ride to work everyday on my 2003 R6. Yes she is 13 yrs young and has a gazillion miles but she can still ride circles around a lot of canyon riders I see. :smile2:

But now there is a new baby in the garage. She's italian and red and has 955cc's. I already know we will have a very good relationship and I can't wait to put some miles on her. I hope to get to know a lot of you and maybe even do a nice weekend ride or even a trackday.

Cheers,
Ntowl66

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gidday, welcome and here's to a long lasting relationship:D

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Welcome to the board, sounds like you're due for an upgrade!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the update!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the warm welcome wishes. Yes, I'm already plotting the upgrades. I've been reading up and researching my next move and will be sure to update this forum with my progress. High on the priority is to minimize the heat emanating from under my nuts! Before taking her home, I already knew she loves to put some heat down there. It's just her way of saying, you best move your arse or I'm gonna light a fire on it!!! I've already gotten a ton of ideas just from this forum and from other sources. Hope you all had a great Sunday ride today.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Kevin.H - just wanted to give you a personal shout out. I went to school at MCC and finished at SJFC and I have quite a few relatives that still live there in Rochester, NY. I lived there for almost 4 years back in the 90's. I miss Nick Tahoe's specially early in the morning after some binge drinking. I can't recall any good roads that has a lot of twisties there, although I did not have a motorcycle at that time. Where do you ride around there? Last time I was there was 2008 and downtown was as small as it ever was! Winter is Coming. I guess you won't have any problems with optional arse warmers that came with the 959! :) Rise safe.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
@Kevin.H - just wanted to give you a personal shout out. I went to school at MCC and finished at SJFC and I have quite a few relatives that still live there in Rochester, NY. I lived there for almost 4 years back in the 90's. I miss Nick Tahoe's specially early in the morning after some binge drinking. I can't recall any good roads that has a lot of twisties there, although I did not have a motorcycle at that time. Where do you ride around there? Last time I was there was 2008 and downtown was as small as it ever was! Winter is Coming. I guess you won't have any problems with optional arse warmers that came with the 959! :) Rise safe.
I would say the quality of the city has declined although there are regular attempts at sprucing up old shopping centers here and there and what have you. Plates are mostly the same with the inclusion of greater availability and styles. Still an appropriate remedy to binge drinking.

As far as riding, I don't do much around here with regard to weekend cruises. I commute when I can and I head south to have any kind of fun. NY safety track is east of Albany. I just changed careers but I used to travel all over for work and I'd often take my bike. Touched most of the famous routes east of the Mississippi.

Be sure to let me know if you ever make it back.

And post bike pics... ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny you say that, I too just changed career and in my previous life, I traveled all over god's green earth! Now I get to stay home and ride. I've also hauled my bikes whenever I can. I must say there is nothing that can compare with CA riding, north or south, but more so hear in southern cal since it rains only once in 5 years. Deal's Gap in NC is a pretty good route, but that only last about 11 miles. And no one looks at you funny when you are in full gear even in rush hour traffic. I will be sure to ping you next time I visit your neighborhood. You do the same if you are ever in SoCal. I will post some of my previous bikes and places that I've ridden in the gallery section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts