Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Hello from Boston

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  MotoMillion 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

This my first post from on the forum although I have been lurking around here for a couple of months. I just threw down a deposit on a new Arctic White 959 on Saturday and couldn't be more excited. I always wanted a Duc and riding my buddy's 1098s this summer pretty much sealed the deal. Anyways feel free to chime in with tips and tricks you may have and I look forward to posting on other threads.

Happy riding
-Jon

#2 ·
Welcome Jon! And congratulations!

I was in Boston last summer for my nephew's wedding. I've been thinking about planning a ride out there (I live in Seattle). If I do, it may be on my sport touring bike instead of my 959.

What mods do you have planned? And when do you take delivery?

#3 ·
So for Mods I am thinking of starting out with a few things. First will most likely be a NRC fender eliminator kit and I am also keeping an eye on the T-rex frame slider group buy because accidents do happen... Other than that I am looking to keep it stock while i break it in and get used to the bike.

Delivery should be by the end of the month :)

#6 ·
So I took delivery of my AWS 959 Panigale about two weeks ago. I'm nothing short of amazed. This bike is truly something else. I am coming off a 2014 CBR 650f and this is a completely different animal. I am really surprised at how smooth and refined the power delivery of the 959 is. The last Ducati I rode was a 2008 1098 and that thing was an absolute brute. I am up here in Boston where the roads are littered with potholes and it is still pretty cold. I took the dealers advice and left the shop with it in wet mode. That only lasted about 100 miles before I flipped it to sport and have been grinning ever since. I also like riding with a passenger. I know I bought a race bike but I commute daily and enjoy taking the ride out for a ride on weekends. Last Sunday she jumped on and we did a 50 mile trip. I was Amazed at how easy it tracked with her on the back and she reported only slightly a bit less comfortable than the last bike. I should say we are both in pretty decent shape so that does help out. But moral of the story is I couldn't be happier with this bike. I will try and upload a pic of the bike later.

#8 ·
Here is a pic of my Duc with the NRC FEK installed. I agree with some on the forum that the install was a PIA. The torx bolt definitely could have been an extra half inch. I also installed with the PAX pegs on and found accessing the allen bolts a huge pain. Had to remove the rear mud guard and bend the plate bracket to get to the bolts. But i think it came out pretty good in the end.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.