Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just acquired my first Ducati. 2017 Red 959. Always wanted one, and finally was able to make it a reality.

Hoping Mother Nature will allow me some time to enjoy it this year :).

Here is my old and new exchanging rider information:

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome @JimmyS!

Tough that you got it so late - I'm starting to get snow here, so I'm sad as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome and hello from a fellow Chicagoan!

Looks like the weather will be holding up for a bit, so here's to riding until Halloween!

How was your experience with that particular dealer? (I know exactly which it is but figured best not to name names so you can be entirely honest either way.)

-Curly

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome and hello from a fellow Chicagoan!

Looks like the weather will be holding up for a bit, so here's to riding until Halloween!

How was your experience with that particular dealer? (I know exactly which it is but figured best not to name names so you can be entirely honest either way.)

-Curly
Good experience overall with the purchase. I went in Thursday eve to get numbers (I had done a test ride the previous Saturday), so I could compare to the S1000RR I was also considering.

Regarding the purchase side:
There was the new Red one and a White demo available. Initially the Red one was quoted at MSRP, to which I responded based on that I'll be getting a S1000RR (great BMW dealer, no games). A quick conversation about price, and we had a deal. I never waste time at a dealer, I have a number I'm willing to pay, and they have a number they are willing to sell at. If we can get close, then it works out (note: I will invest 1 hour of my time for this MAX, then walk out)

Regarding Prep:
I was on a plane to IRL for work Saturday, so Friday pickup was needed. Without any deposit from me, they prepped the bike, got the paper work ready and I was able to pick Friday at lunch before the rain came.

Regarding Setup&Delivery:
I was in a hurry on Friday, so got the once over on the bike & features from the sales person and I was off. Not sure if they typically do a rider setup and didnt ask. I will followup for settings based on my weight and primary riding uses.

I'll be going back for the post breaking service, so we'll see how their service department is then.

Cheers,
Jimmy

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice, Jimmy. A really good write-up. Thanks for sharing.

I was thinking about that white demo but... they couldn't get anywhere close to what I was able to get on the private market. I understand... apples and oranges.

I look forward to hearing all about your experience with the service and in putting some miles on the bike. Ride safely.

Thinking about any modifications yet??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thinking about any modifications yet??
With winter coming, just have a couple RAM mounts for Sat Nav & Phone on the way. Come spring a fender eliminator is at the top of the list, and then we'll see where the journey takes me :).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just acquired my first Ducati. 2017 Red 959. Always wanted one, and finally was able to make it a reality.

Hello there! Check our the Chicago Ducati Riders on facebook, there is meetups around the city, and rides up to Wisconsin. There is also Ducati Riders of Illinois (DRILL) who do the same. A lot of us also go down to Joliet or Rockford for Track days at Autobahn Country Club and Black Hawk Farms Raceway. I hope to see you around.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Also, MCC and Chicago Motorworks get super busy when it comes to service, I have had bikes sit there for over a month before.

If you want in my opinion better, quicker service with awesome people, Go see Joe at Motounion in Milwaukee. He can hook you up. Tell him Josh with the Pink SV sent ya.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, MCC and Chicago Motorworks get super busy when it comes to service, I have had bikes sit there for over a month before.

If you want in my opinion better, quicker service with awesome people, Go see Joe at Motounion in Milwaukee. He can hook you up. Tell him Josh with the Pink SV sent ya.
Thank you for the info and other facebook links.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello I’m from dekalb IL. That picture you must have got it from team MCC which I visited there first then bought mine like 3 weeks ago from motoworks. We should ride together one of these days.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to the forum! and I’m glad you had a great experience with Motoworks, I bought my 959 from them but can’t say the same about having a good experience with them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome to the forum! and I’m glad you had a great experience with Motoworks, I bought my 959 from them but can’t say the same about having a good experience with them.
I forgot to check this part... but any ideas about the cost of the service after break in? My experience with motoworks was a decent though not the best but decent. Like I took the bike out then on the same day I realize my bike was already low on fuel and I already used up like 20 miles. Then on the way home which is 38 miles I got stuck in the middle of the way with empty tank. Seems like they forgot to fill up my tank, but it was a good ride...

I do have a question for you though. Any idea the cost for service for after break in? Either at motoworks or MCC??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts