Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! my name is Brett and I just purchased my first Ducati, a red 959 two weeks ago. I have already done the break in service and have put over 1000 miles on the bike so far. Really enjoying the bike so far. I come from riding a Husky 450 Supermoto for the last few years and a vintage bike before that so this is a very different riding style than what I'm used to. I have already installed the NRC fender eliminator, and will be changing out the headlights to HID's tonight. Future upgrades I'm planning on doing include: shorty levers, frame sliders, Solo seat, and probably a vinyl wrap.

First ride after purchasing

In the Garage with the Husky

Ride out to Palos Verdes

NRC Fender Eliminator Installed

Top of Palomar Mountain

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Welcome Brett! And congratulations on your 959! Mine is red also. And I love it. You've got quite the upgrade from your previous bike!

I have the NRC fender eliminator and the seat cowl instead of the passenger seat. They make the bike look so much better. Sounds like you've been able to spend a good amount of time riding the bike. I want to ride mine as often as I can. I have over 1,500 miles on mine in just over a month. But being in Seattle, this time of year I don't get as many dry days to ride as you do in California. As the days warm up I'll ride it more and more.

Are you planning on taking your 959 on the track?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Avigil. We've been pretty lucky down here lately with only two bad rainy days in the last two weeks so beside that I've been riding every day. Most of my ride time so far has been a 12 hour ride last Saturday, and a 10 hour the previous Saturday.

Not fully decided If I'm going to do track days yet, I have all the gear and I definitely would like to but I'm worried about the cost of repairs if I go down. Supermoto track days on the husky are cheap because it takes a lot to break a dirtbike and plastic fairings don't crack.

Reactions: corsa

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks Avigil. We've been pretty lucky down here lately with only two bad rainy days in the last two weeks so beside that I've been riding every day. Most of my ride time so far has been a 12 hour ride last Saturday, and a 10 hour the previous Saturday.

Not fully decided If I'm going to do track days yet, I have all the gear and I definitely would like to but I'm worried about the cost of repairs if I go down. Supermoto track days on the husky are cheap because it takes a lot to break a dirtbike and plastic fairings don't crack.
Still far better riding time than what i've noticed from other people who hardly ride their bike and keep it in the garage. I could never do that... first opportunity to ride and i'm out there on two wheels.

·
Registered
82 Posts

This picture is beautiful. That looks like an amazing ride. I drove down the west coast and it is not only beautiful, but also really fun to drive through. Cliffs, wooded winding road, water. It's great.

Other best drive was through the Rocky Mountains.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's two more pictures from that day. Great Scenery up there, awesome roads, and we had a pretty interesting group of bikes with us. FZ-09, ZX-10R, 959, RSV4, R6, VFR1200F.

Also I just started changing my halogens out for HID's on my lunch break today, just finished one side but I need to find a good spot to hide the ballasts.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Seeing pictures like this makes me want to ride down to Southern California right now. We have gorgeous scenery in Washington state. But the last month has been very wet. I'll be much more content here in a couple months when we have more dry days.

I definitely like brighter lights. But I gotta say that I'm not sure if the HIDs are much brighter than the Philips Diamond Vision Super White 5000K bulbs that I put in mine. And of course mine were simple to put in and not hiding of ballasts required.

That all being said, I do have HIDs in my Kawasaki Concours and I love them. But that bike is a big sport touring bike.

If you find a good place to mount them that's tucked away cleanly, please share.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow, you have no idea how jealous i am. We are getting hit with cold weather again Canada, being on this forum makes me sad at times watching all you guys ride ahah

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Wow, you have no idea how jealous i am. We are getting hit with cold weather again Canada, being on this forum makes me sad at times watching all you guys ride ahah
Is it a silver lining that you don't have to worry about underseat heat at all?... :wink2:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is it a silver lining that you don't have to worry about underseat heat at all?... :wink2:
Well i sure hope so that is the case, only time will tell. I still have 22 days left until i get to pick up my 959. At times like this, i wish my birthday wasn't in April LOLL.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you find a good place to mount them that's tucked away cleanly, please share.
I found a really good spot on the left side, but the right side leaves a lot to be desired, I'll do a quick writeup in the lights need upgrading thread under general.

Completed pictures, they are amazingly bright. Lit up my neighbors house across the street 200 feet away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts