Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone. Been on this forum for a few days, have already picked up some helpful advice. I picked up my new 959 last week, got the tires scrubbed in, can't wait for the break-in mileage to be over with.

Cheers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red. I really liked the white, but the matte finish smudges easily. The demo I rode was white, and by the time I had it back to the shop the tank was all smudged up from my gloves. Plus, matte finishes are delicate, need special cleaning cloth, etc. So, red it was.

The only mods I have planned are spools for a rear wheel stand (done), and getting rid of that ghastly indicator/lic plate holder thing. Yuck. Already have a fender eliminator kit, just need the metal lic plate instead of the paper one, which would probably melt if I moved it under the seat.

Reactions: aayp

·
Registered
192 Posts
Red. I really liked the white, but the matte finish smudges easily. The demo I rode was white, and by the time I had it back to the shop the tank was all smudged up from my gloves. Plus, matte finishes are delicate, need special cleaning cloth, etc. So, red it was.

The only mods I have planned are spools for a rear wheel stand (done), and getting rid of that ghastly indicator/lic plate holder thing. Yuck. Already have a fender eliminator kit, just need the metal lic plate instead of the paper one, which would probably melt if I moved it under the seat.

Congrats! What tail tidy did you end up getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
@zorchdave - it's a matte clearcote, not a matte paint like I think you're referring to.
The only thing that touches my tank is the microfiber towel with Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the NRC fender kit. Kind of a ripoff $$-wise, but at least it looks better than the stock setup.

Reactions: avigil

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Greetings everyone. Been on this forum for a few days, have already picked up some helpful advice. I picked up my new 959 last week, got the tires scrubbed in, can't wait for the break-in mileage to be over with.

Cheers.
Welcome Dave! Got pictures of your bike?

I'm in Seattle also. My red 959 is being repaired currently because of a low-side on the track.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Cheers.

Welcome Dave! Got pictures of your bike?

I'm in Seattle also. My red 959 is being repaired currently because of a low-side on the track.
Ouch sorry to hear that. Hopefully you aren't too banged up.

For mods I would also consider swapping the low beams to something like a Philips ultinon led . Nice crisp white look and a tad brighter than stock .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts