Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Picking up my new 2017 959 Panigale tomorrow...can't wait! I have owned motorcycles for many years, and finally getting the Ducati I have always wanted! See you around the forums!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi All! Picking up my new 2017 959 Panigale tomorrow...can't wait! I have owned motorcycles for many years, and finally getting the Ducati I have always wanted! See you around the forums!

Welcome from Dallas and enjoy! I'm sure you'll love the 959!

Reactions: YukonLT

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm in love with this thing already. While at the dealership I got the tank protector and the NRC fender eliminator. Will be installing that after I register it Monday. The temp plate is too big for the NRC mount I think. Just have to find some nice swing arm spools for the stands and that's probably the extent of what I will do to the bike for a bit. I want to spend some time on it and get to know it first :)

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
The temp plate is too big for the NRC mount I think.
I can attest to this. I installed the rear plate relocator and had to cut my laminated paper temp plate for it to not rub on the tire hugger. I rode for about a month on it with about 2 inches of clearance, I ended up with some rub scratches on the hugger from the temp plate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, didn't think I'd be posting this so soon but...I traded it in. I put just over 1000 miles on it and while it was a total blast and I loved the bike in many ways, it wasn't exactly what I really wanted at this point. I won't bore everyone with the details on my thought process, but the bike I ended up getting will serve me much better for what I want out of riding right now. I attached a photo of the new ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
@YukonLT
My dealer lent me a Multi for the weekend last week and I put over 400 miles on it. Nice ride especially the skyhook suspension. The only noticeable hic although not a deal breaker is the vibration. Both the Panigale and the Monster's engines seem much smoother. Maybe it's the DVT? Notwithstanding, I'm not ready to get rid of either the Panigale or the Monster anytime soon. However, the Multistada is the ultimate do it all road warrior. Enjoy.
BTW, Please tell us the details of your thought process. I believe it would make an interesting read and may in fact serve those considering a Panigale.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
@YukonLT
My dealer lent me a Multi for the weekend last week and I put over 400 miles on it. Nice ride especially the skyhook suspension. The only noticeable hic although not a deal breaker is the vibration. Both the Panigale and the Monster's engines seem much smoother. Maybe it's the DVT? Notwithstanding, I'm not ready to get rid of either the Panigale or the Monster anytime soon. However, the Multistada is the ultimate do it all road warrior. Enjoy.
BTW, Please tell us the details of your thought process. I believe it would make an interesting read and may in fact serve those considering a Panigale.
It's funny you mention vibration, as my new Multistrada barely vibrates at all where my Panigale vibrated enough to tingle my toes when riding. I don't even notice it on the Multistrada. Very odd for us to have completely different experiences. Anyhoo...

I'll try to keep this short, but here goes. I have been thinking about an adventure style bike for a few years now...eyeing the KTM Adventurer to start with. I also was interested in a bagger style bike to cruise on as I thought I might enjoy that. So, this spring I saw a great deal on a Victory Hard-Ball that I jumped on. Owned the bike for about one month and it just wasn't working. It was nice for cruising, but as soon as I pushed it at all I was scraping every corner and it didn't want to handle the way I wanted to ride it. The bags were nice for some long runs, but that was it. This is when I began to ponder that maybe I still had enough sport bike blood in me to invest in a third sport bike for our garage. I started to think about it more and I came to the conclusion that I wanted a Ducati as I have wanted one for a very long time, and the Panigale is down right gorgeous in every way. I sold the Victory, bought the Panigale, and thought I was happy from there. My wife and I met riding sport bikes 12 years ago, but haven't ridden much in the past few years as life just seems to change. I figured with a new sport bike in the household, we would end up riding more, but it wasn't happening. The more I rode the Panigale myself, the more I realized that it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for right now. The bike is great in so many ways, but it really belongs on the track. It's tough to contain it on the street, you want to stretch it's legs all the time and attack. Needless to say, you are well above the speed limit every time you do this. So, after a ton of thinking about it and realizing that I should have just gone with my initial desire of an enduro/adventure style bike, I got serious about it. Enter the Multistrada. The dealership made me a great deal and I bought it. I travel the northeast visiting my customers and this bike will be fun to use for some of those trips.

If I had unlimited wealth, I'd have a bike of every style in the garage, but that's just not feasible right now. I don't want to discourage anyone from purchasing a Panigale as it really is an awesome bike. You just have to really think about what you want out of a motorcycle, and I think I jumped a little too quick to get the Panigale.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
@YukonLT That's a great story. Thanks for sharing.
People buy Omega watches for other reasons than the most accurate time piece which it isn't.
The Panigale is a thoroughbred and I just love riding for what it is; a race bike. Moreover, just like an Omega, it receives looks of admiration in spades. However, It's a specialized riding machine. If I had to choose a do-it-all, I'd pick the Multistrada like you did, no questions!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@YukonLT That's a great story. Thanks for sharing.
People buy Omega watches for other reasons than the most accurate time piece which it isn't. The Panigale is a thoroughbred and I just love riding for what it is; a race bike. Moreover, just like an Omega, it receives looks of admiration in spades. However, It's a specialized riding machine. If I had to choose a do-it-all great, I'd pick the Multistrada like you did, no questions!
No problem, and thanks for your input as well. I really did like the Panigale and could see myself picking up a used one eventually to have in the garage. My wife and I have been talking about either building a new house or getting something with more land (for more toys!) so buying more bikes has been a tough decision. I really needed to pick what I knew I would ride the most and the Multistrada fit the bill.

I just rode it this morning to run to my friends coffee shop because we ran out of coffee, and my wife demands I make pour over's for her in the morning (haha), and it was an absolute blast riding the back road twisty's. It feels almost like a motard but with a ton of grunt to it. I'm super excited about the future of owning this bike.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Too funny. Pour-Over's is my job each morning also.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
and it was an absolute blast riding the back road twisty's. It feels almost like a motard but with a ton of grunt to it.
That's for sure and easy on the T while in second, it wheelies easily.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts